Farmall a fluids

/ Farmall a fluids #1  

Bungiex88

Tractor
73 Farmall 574, 2016 mahindra 1533
New to vintage tractors. I do not have a owners manual and need help with fluids. It is a 1939 Farmall A. What type of engine oil and how much? Is the transmission housing and pto housing hold the same fluid or are they separated and sealed from one another? How much oil and what type of oil goes in those? And front end oil how much and what type? I need to get my fluids all changed just bought the tractor today don't feel like moving it to much until it is fresh fluids.

/ Farmall a fluids #2  
This is a little more than you asked for, but I'm sure you'll get some use out of it. Here is a complete owners manual in PDF for the Farmall A, and AV. http://www.ntractorclub.com/manuals/tractors/FarmallA-Owners-Manual.pdf

Unless you ask the previous owner what oil they used in the engine, it'd probably be best to use non-detergent. If ever comes the day it needs overhauled, and the block dipped & cleaned, then go with detergent oil.

/ Farmall a fluids #3  
New to vintage tractors. I do not have a owners manual and need help with fluids. It is a 1939 Farmall A. What type of engine oil and how much? Is the transmission housing and pto housing hold the same fluid or are they separated and sealed from one another? How much oil and what type of oil goes in those? And front end oil how much and what type? I need to get my fluids all changed just bought the tractor today don't feel like moving it to much until it is fresh fluids.

Pictures of the Farmall please. We like pictures. Particularly of vintage iron.