McCormick GX Loader Capacity

/ McCormick GX Loader Capacity #1  

charleyfarmall

Platinum Member
I had just about settled on purchasing the GX50 when I carefully read the lifting capacity of the L100 Loader. 880lb level and 600lb at full height. Breakout is only 1700#. On a 50hp tractor! It seems to spoil what is otherwise a great tractor: Compact, maneuverable, 50hp, 12/12 shuttle which is very smooth, 4wd - locking front and rear, Cab ( a must for me so I can work in all weather). It has to do with the low capacity pump they use (7gal/ minute for the implements at 1600psi) and I would guess 1-3/4 cylinders on the FEL.
I don't bale hay but my neighbor does on my fields. I don't know if I am going to need to pick up an occasional round bale...

/ McCormick GX Loader Capacity #2  
Love those McCormicks, but the loaders are wimpy. I told the dealer my 24hp tractor loader was better than there 50hp version. He agreed. He did tell me though that they are working on it. He told me there is a subframe kit coming out that will allow higher loads. He also mentioned some dealers were turning up the releif valves but then they were busting cases.

I've had the pleasure of driving a bunch of cab'd models and boy are they nice.