Need parts for McCormick Deering No. 7 mowing machine

/ Need parts for McCormick Deering No. 7 mowing machine #1  

chipsndust

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1025R, Curtis cab
My uncle, (80 years old) mows about 25 acres with a McCormick Deering No. 7 mowing machine converted from horse drawn to be pulled behind his Farmall tractor. I don't know much about this old machinery, but there is a lever on the gearbox which doesn't stay engaged. He keeps the lever in place by wedging a block of wood against it. I think this is how you transfer the motion of the wheels to the pitman and the mower bar. I would like to give him a replacement gearbox. Does anyone know where I could get replacement parts?

/ Need parts for McCormick Deering No. 7 mowing machine #2  
Mornin Chip,
Try running an add in the classifieds section of YT Tractors, there is a lot of old iron parts over there and you might find what your lookin for !!!

/ Need parts for McCormick Deering No. 7 mowing machine
Thanks, Scotty, I'll try it.

Anyone else out there?

/ Need parts for McCormick Deering No. 7 mowing machine #4  
My uncle, (80 years old) mows about 25 acres with a McCormick Deering No. 7 mowing machine converted from horse drawn to be pulled behind his Farmall tractor. I don't know much about this old machinery, but there is a lever on the gearbox which doesn't stay engaged. He keeps the lever in place by wedging a block of wood against it. I think this is how you transfer the motion of the wheels to the pitman and the mower bar. I would like to give him a replacement gearbox. Does anyone know where I could get replacement parts?
I am new to the site. I was searching for the value of a old number 7 mower. I found it on the old home land. It has all of the parts and is in really good shape. I may have the part that you need. Not sure.

/ Need parts for McCormick Deering No. 7 mowing machine #6  
Mowerpart you have the blade from gearbox to end let me know how much (Please)at386-243-8016