New S470d owner here

/ New S470d owner here #41  
good man. now u can come fix my tractor. i used it today for about an hour or so and it worked fine. then i felt like it was loosing power for a little bit so i stopped and parked it. not sure what happened.could be the trottle lever moved while i was using it i dont know.my alternator works great though.i am glad u fixed your problem.

/ New S470d owner here
Seems to be running great since I pulled the thermostat. Run much cooler. I spray painted a couple parts with Ford blue engine enamel (the two mesh engine covers on the sides, air cleaner bracket and the front portion underneath the grill) -- I pulled off these parts and spray painted them to see how it matches. Looks really good, I should get some pictures up.

I do have to get a voltmeter and try to find out where I have that electrical drain. I have been pulling the battery cable when I park it, and it starts up just fine that way.

This weekend, my dad and I are going to look for rear scraper blades for plowing the driveway and maybe pushing some dirt around sometimes. You guys have any recommendations?

/ New S470d owner here #43  
there are not too much stuff on these tractors that could cause a power drain.try removing the alternator wires then the regulator wires.u may want to look nearby first for the rear blade.then try the web.i use the front loader only.used a rear box blade once to level dirt if the dirt is hard the blade does not go thru so u have to make lots of passes until u find a soft spot then it works.

/ New S470d owner here
Are there any original owners for these Satoh Bucks out there? I was just wondering what these things sold for new back then..$5,000? $6,000?

Just curious. Mine would have been a MFWD, turf tires, no other options or implements...

Anybody know what these retailed for, in that configuration?

/ New S470d owner here
Update:

So far, I've painted a few more pieces with that blue Ford engine enamel, and the front axle.
Bought a new seat from Tractor supply. I'm in the process of trying to fabricate two seat springs to make the ride better, instead of the two rock hard rubber bushings that are there now.
I also bought a 5-foot rear scraper blade for snow removal, which has been great this winter in SW Pa.
After I got that, I bought some really nice rear ice/snow chains, and a got a front weight bracket..the place I bought the plow from just gave me the bracket from a scrap heap. Right now, I just put two wheel weights I had from my last lawn mower on there, until I get my hands on some suitcase weights. So it's pretty much unstoppable right now.
The headlights are still fried, and I haven't spent the time to find out where that electrical drain is coming from. I just pull the negative battery terminal when I park it...It's just fine that way. More pics to come of what it looks like after all this work.

It's been a fantastic little tractor, and adding that rear blade was a great addition. I have enjoyed it a lot.
:D

/ New S470d owner here #47  
When looking for parts for Satoh and Mitsubishi parts call General Implement in Beaverton, OR. we havebeen selling Satoh parts since we sold the tractors in the 60's,70's and 80's. 503-641-1865.

/ New S470d owner here #49  
Welcome Wlaker. Nice to know there is another source for our tractors.

/ New S470d owner here
Pictures as promised....sorry for the wait.

Attachments

• 0417091842a.jpg
    0417091842a.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 403