Satoh 650G - running problem

/ Satoh 650G - running problem #1  

Haybarn

Thought maybe one of you more experienced folks might help me. I recently picked up an old Satoh 650G (best guess is circa '65). It seems to run fine for about 15 or 20 minutes, then dies quickly. Engine just shuts down - it doesn't cough or anything - just like you switched the key. Won't restart unless you let it sit (cool down??) for 20-30 minutes. I'm baffled. :confused:

Sure would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks,
Dave Whitaker

/ Satoh 650G - running problem #2  
Haybarn, I do not have any experience with your tractor, but it sounds to me like a fuel delivery issue e.g crud at bottom of tank blocking flow, collapsed or clogged supply hose to injector pump, clogged fuel tank vent or possibly an air leak at sediment glass (but betting on blockage first). I am guessing that after it sits the restricted fuel supply has a chance to fill the supply line again via gravity. Good luck with your troubleshooting.

RavensRoost

/ Satoh 650G - running problem #3  
I have one, and the guy next door has one. His did that and it was crud in the fuel system. They seam to be touchy about points too. I have to fool with my points every 10 to 20 hours.

/ Satoh 650G - running problem #4  
try running it with the fuel cap off.