I've got the part numbers, now what?

/ I've got the part numbers, now what? #1  

nhm90

First of all, this is my first post. I have a mid-70s Satoh S-650G. This forum seems to be a wealth of information.

I found a post that listed part numbers for many S-650G parts. Specifically, I was interested in the following:

Carburetor International Part # 1014333C1 (gasket set)
Parts International Part # 1014325C1 (accelerator pump)
Federated Part # 30815739B (ONLY THE PUMP IS USABLE !!)

I was unable to locate any of these parts at my local auto parts stores. A local Federated dealer couldn't even locate the Federated part based on the part number given.

My question is: Has anyone successfully found carburetor parts using the posted part numbers? All of the auto parts dealers that I contacted attempted to 'cross-reference' these numbers? Are there dealers out there that can use this EXACT number? How do you usually go about finding these parts?

Thanks in advance. I've learned a lot about my S-650G already by browsing the archived posts!

/ I've got the part numbers, now what? #2  
why dont try sending a inquiry to a on line dealer. pretty sure u will get what u are looking for.try www satoh parts.com. www.shafertractor.net

/ I've got the part numbers, now what?
Thanks Mit.

I was able to aquire the parts through satohparts.com.

However, the question still remains: What good are the part numbers if they don't allow me to get the parts locally?

/ I've got the part numbers, now what? #4  
i see what u mean. it may depend on the tractor u have.like yanmar u may be able to get jd parts to work.i invested in a parts book and i can say it was not money well spent. the mitsu parts are problem.u have to go thru the dealer or have them rebuilt.i ordered a glow indicator and recieved the wrong one.got to send it back tomorrow.hey if u find any parts online with the parts number i would like to know.

/ I've got the part numbers, now what? #5  
I deal in parts for all Japanese built tractors plus I also will can supply parts for Japanese excavators, dozers, crawler carriers, & even rice combines. I have over 500 parts, service , & operator manuals. There are not a lot of aftermarket parts for the Japanese machines. There are not alot of sources for parts other than a dealer that specialize in them. Yanmars are the easiest to obtain & most reasonably priced parts. Deere use different parts #s , so it is easier to get parts from a Yanmar dealer than through Deere. Mitsubishi/Satoh, Yanmar, Hinomoto, & Suzue sold tractors in the US. Most of these companies quit selling tractors under their own brand in the early 90's. Most of the dealers dropped their dealership & quit selling parts when they didn't have a tractor to sell. That is why there are few Mitsubishi & Yanmar parts dealers.

/ I've got the part numbers, now what? #6  
there is no mitsubishi dealer out there that has an internet parts ordering catalog. you have to call or e mail all of them.so the parts book is only good for a pictorial of how the parts are put together.u cant cross those numbers to anything on the net.i guess thats the price u pay for cutting cost and getting a gray tractor.since the dealers dropped mitsubishi the satohs also falls under gray tractors now .