Mitsubishi/Satoh vendor list and general info

/ Mitsubishi/Satoh vendor list and general info #1  

ekrampitzjr

Tractor
Mitsubishi D2000 II (= Satoh S630 Bull)
Many of you on this board don't know me, but I've been on the Yahoo! Mitsubishi Tractors club/group site for some time.

In 2000 I compiled a list of vendors who supported Mitsubishi and Satoh tractors, especially grey market versions, with parts or manuals. The list also included a brief history of Mitsubishi/Satoh greys. I didn't have a computer then and still don't have one yet, so no scanner, etc. Therefore, when I first made the list I offered copies by SASE, but another club member was generous enough to scan it and post it on his website. That link is gone and I don't know what has happened to him.

Now I'm compiling a new list and will offer this one by paper copy with your SASE as I originally did after I complete it. I want to add much more info to it for grey market Mitsu/Satoh owners, though, so I'll enlist your help. After making some phone calls to confirm info and seeing what I receive in response here, I hope to wrap it up by 15 April 2002. Maybe some member here will be kind enough to post the new list and allow me to make occasional updates.

VENDORS: If you haven't already been in touch with me, send me an e-mail with your full name, address, phone and fax numbers including any toll-free numbers, e-mail address, and website if any. Specify what you can offer, especially if you have salvage units or parts. Please, NO tractor DEALERS who don't sell parts or manuals.

OWNERS: If you have a grey market Mitsu/Satoh, post here or send me an e-mail with your engine block designation (typically KExxx or K3x for diesels) and engine displacement. This is typically cast into the block in raised letters (KE130, 1.246 L as an example). Even if your tractor is NOT a grey, I'm especially interested in specs for the K3C engine and any four-cylinder diesels. If you have a gasoline-powered Satoh S550G or S650G, see if you can find the block designation for this Mazda engine (I have the specs). If you have any gasoline-powered grey, I'd like complete specs for the engine. The idea here is to provide some sort of crossover for grey owners to get equivalent manuals, etc., and to get maintenance parts.

Much of the vendor list will help owners of other tractors, especially greys. Many thanks for everyone's help.

In case you're wondering, I have a grey market D2000 II, equivalent to the Satoh S630 Bull. Again, many thanks.

/ Mitsubishi/Satoh vendor list and general info #2  
<font color=blue>If you have a gasoline-powered Satoh S550G or S650G, see if you can find the block designation for this Mazda engine (I have the specs). If you have any gasoline-powered grey, I'd like complete specs for the engine. The idea here is to provide some sort of crossover for grey owners to get equivalent manuals, etc., and to get maintenance parts.
</font color=blue>

Where should one look to find "block designation"?

I have original sales literature on 650 and 550 G's. Since you have the specs, I don't know if I have any thing of importance to offer.

Let me know.

/ Mitsubishi/Satoh vendor list and general info
It might be cast into the block or on a data plate riveted to the block. It should also be given in the operator's or service manuals. Since this is a Mazda engine, it probably begins with M like some other Mazda engines of the era.

I found the block designations for the Satoh gasoline engines. The 987 cc version has the Mazda PB block; the 1169 cc version has the Mazda TA/TB block. This came from a crankshaft vendor: http://www.standardcrankshaft.com .

/ Mitsubishi/Satoh vendor list and general info #5  
Is this what you were referencing?
BTW Its great to be part of this forum. This is my first post after lurking for a while. I am really impressed with all the knowledge and information found here.

I copied the following a long time ago.

Mitsubishi/Satoh tractor parts and support

Grey-market Mitsubishi History

Mitsubishi tractors were sold in the US as Satoh products in the 1970s–early-1980s, and the company officially merged with Satoh on 1 February 1980. Mitsubishis have also been labeled with other names including Suzue and VST. The company did sell tractors briefly in the US under its own name, and those model numbers began with MT (MT160, MT160D, etc.) with the suffix D meaning 4-wheel-drive. For these tractors the manual Mitsubishi Shop Manual Models MT160, MT160D, MT180, MT180D, MT180H, MT210, MT250, MT250D, MT300, MT300D (M-1) (ISBN 0872884422, paperback published by Intertec in 1987) can be ordered through conventional bookstores including www.amazon.com. Grey-market Mitsubishis labeled as Mitsubishis typically have model numbers beginning with D or MT.

Mitsubishi tractors were sold as Case/IH compacts in the US in the 1980s. Since 1993 Mitsubishis have been sold in the US as Cub Cadets. Dealers for these lines may be able to support some “grey” Mitsubishis. NAPA auto parts dealers including GD Equipment below can provide maintenance parts such as filters by referring to these lines or to the

Mitsubishi tractors officially sold here.
For reference, the new Mitsubishi models for export are the MT200, 20 hp; the MT260, 26 hp; and the MT301, 30 hp. The Japan-only models range from the MT161, 16 hp, to the MT468, 46 hp. All have 4wd.

MANUFACTURER ADDRESS

Mitsubishi Agricultural Machinery Co., Ltd.
Overseas Sales Department
Attention: Mikihiro Tanaka
Shinjuku Mitsubishi BLDG 15-1
Tomihisa-cho
Shinjuku-ku 162-0067
JAPAN
Phone: +81-3-5360-7333
Fax: +81-3-5360-7347
E-mail: tractor@mam.co.jp
Web: www.mam.co.jp/english/

PARTS AND MANUALS
Bay Implement Co.
(was Darrell Harp Enterprises)
(Mitsubishi parts)
Attention: Sherry
Golden Road
PO Box 140
Red Bay, AL 35582
800-445-3943
256-356-2482
256-356-4306
Fax: 256-356-8300
E-mail: dharp@getaway.net
Web: ???

Best- Used - Tractors: See Hambler’s Tractor Parts

GD Equipment
(Satoh parts; NAPA supplies)
Attention: Aaron Shirk
414 Rowe Road
Shippensburg, PA 17257
717-530-0170
Fax: ???
E-mail: ???
Comment: Good guys, but still no fax or e-mail as of August 2000.

Grey Market Tractor Parts
(Mitsubishi parts including used/salvage)
14551 South Midwest Boulevard
Edmond, OK 73034
800-700-4739
405-340-0944
Fax: 405-340-3728

Hambler's Tractor Parts
(used/salvage Mitsubishi parts)
Attention: Jeff
39451 Number 3 Road
Abbotsford, BC B3G 2G1
CANADA
[US mailing address only:]
617 Cherry Street
P. 0. Box 1150
Sumas, WA 98295
888-302-3612
604-850-3612
Fax: 604-850-7122
Web: www.best -used-tractors.com [references phone#]

Homestead Tractor
(Parts including used/salvage, and manuals)
22311 Bear Valley Road
Apple Valley, CA 92308
760-240-1610
Fax: 760-240-1126
E-mail: homestd@ix.netcom.com
Web: www.homesteadtractors.com

JENSALES/Warren D. Jensen
(manuals)
P. 0. Box 1203
Albert Lea, MN 56007
800-443-0625
507-377-9363
Fax: 507-377-9727
E-mail: jensales@jensales.com
Web: www.jensales.com [other sites including www.yesterdaystractor.com link to this site]

Lowe's Tractor & Equipment, Inc.
(Used/salvage Mitsubishi parts)
2372 West State Road 46
Greensburg, IN 47240
812-663-8928
Fax: 812-663-7943
E-mail: lowestractor@usa.net
Web: www.treecity.com/dleas/greymark.html

Lynchburg Equipment
(Satoh parts and manuals)
Attention: Bruce Laten
806 Tanyard Hill Road
Lynchburg, TN 37352
931-759-6699
Fax: 931-759-7253
E-mail: lequipment@ficom.net
Web: www.lynchburgequipment.homepage.com

Red River Tractor, Inc.
(Mitsubishi parts)
Attention: Ashley W. Tuttle, Vice President
15785 Highway 4 East
Box 1169
Senatobia, MS 38668
877-337-4872 (toll-free)
662-562-6622
Fax: 662-562-6007
E-mail: awt@gmi.net
Web: [working on website]

Sheaf Tractor/Sheaffer's Town & Country Tractors, Inc.
(Satoh parts and manuals)
Attention: Leonard Sheaffer
320 Palmyra Road
Dixon IN 61021
815-284-3226
Fax: 815-284-3226, same as phone number
E-mail: sheaftractor@coiinc.com

Southern Global Tractor
(Mitsubishi parts and manuals)
Attention: Anna Acker
618 Purvis Street
Wiggins, MS 39577
601-928-7491
Fax: 601-528-9312
E-mail: [?]
Web: [working on website]

SRS Sales & Repair Service
(Mitsubishi manuals and parts)
Box 277
Danville WA 99121
250-442-0465
E-mail: SRS.Sales@bc.sympatico.ca

Stull Company/SEI Parts/Allegheny Lawn & Golf Products
(official Satoh parts and manuals)
701 4th Avenue
Coraopolis, PA 15108
800-229-7885
412-262-1405
412-262-8091
Fax: 412-262-0826
E-mail: info@algpinc.com
Web: www.algpinc.com or www.stullenterprises.com
Comment: Mitsubishi’s website refers directly to Stull.

Tracstop Farm Equipment
(Mitsubishi manuals)
Attention: Rodney Bessette
21 Brock Street West, Unit #3
Uxbridge, ON L9P 1P5
CANADA
519-873-0100
Fax: 905-852-1300
E-mail: TracStop@hotmail.com
Web: www.tracstop.com

R. M. Wade
(Satoh parts)
10025 Southwest Allen Boulevard
Beaverton, OR 97005
503-641-1865
Fax: 503-626-8295
Web: www.rmwade.com

Part Numbers

Including all part numbers for all Mitsubishi tractors is obviously beyond the scope of this document. But, we would like to collect some of the more frequently replaced part numbers (and cross-reference numbers), such as filters, light bulbs, etc.

Model MT372 (Beaver)

• Fuel Filter, MM0404879, NAPA 3270, but also NAPA 3264 (element)
• Air Filter, NAPA 6270, NAPA 6270
• Oil Filter, MD134953, NAPA 1334, Fram PH3593A
• 35/35W light bulb 22-33 800-328-9280
• Glow plugs, NGK Y110

Mitsubishi D2000 II, equivalent to Satoh Bull

• Engine: Mitsubishi KE130 2-cylinder watercooled diesel (1.246 L, 20 PTO hp)
• Oil filter: NAPA 1334, K&N 1004
• Air filter: NAPA 2276
• Fuel filter inside sediment bowl: NAPA 3264

The '70s Mitsubishi models D1600 through D2500 are based on the same frame. Cosmetic and powertrain details differ among models, but these same filter numbers may work with the related D- series tractors. Models D1500 and smaller used a different, smaller frame.

Haban Mower Deck

Many MT372’s were sold with Haban belly mowers. Haban is no longer in business. Below are some of the more frequently needed parts:

• Haban Belt (5/8' X 109'), OEM #14323, Other: #258109
• Haban Belt (5/8' X 97'), OEM #14676, Other: #258097
• Haban Pulley, OEM #13453
• Flat Idler, OEM #QA40

SUPPORT SITES ON WEB

Below are web sites that relate to Mitsubishi or grey-market tractors.

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/compacttractorclub [ACTIVE but barely]*
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/greymarkettractorclub [ACTIVE but barely]*
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/mitsubishicompacttractors [INACTIVE]*
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/mitsubishiequipment [INACTIVE]*
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/mitsubishitractors [ACTIVE; generally most useful site. See note at end.]*
http://www.jplan.com/tractor [ACTIVE; this is home page. Click on “Brands” then on “Mitsubishi”.]
http://www.tractortown.com/wwwboard/ [ACTIVE]
http://www.ytmag.com [ACTIVE; this is home page. Go to “Tractor Talk” forum or “Orphans” forum.]
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/kb13/ans_grey.htm The Small Tractor FAQ, this URL discusses the grey market and also includes a list of parts suppliers.
* To join, start at www.yahoo.com and click on “Clubs”.

COMPILER

Edwin (Ed) Krampitz, Jr.
P. 0. Box 69
Drewryville, VA 23844-0069
E-mail: ekrampitzjr@hotmail.com

I own a Mitsubishi D2000 II, equivalent to Satoh Bull.
Please note the following:

1. Use this list at your own risk; I originally compiled it for my own use but decided to share. As with anything else, buyer beware, but just because someone isn't in this compilation doesn't mean you should not contact him/her. This list is undoubtedly incomplete. See #4 below. Conversely, if you believe you have been ripped off by a vendor on this list (or not), tell me.

2. These vendors do exist to the best of my knowledge. Typically I have contacted them or checked their websites myself or have seen numerous references to them in the Mitsubishi clubs, but the whole grey market tractor industry does see rapid change. One California vendor I had complete information for has apparently ceased to exist, for example.

3. No vendors that sell only complete tractors—that is, no parts or manuals—are knowingly included. This list assumes you have a Mitsubishi/Satoh tractor already. Many (but not all) grey market tractor dealers are of little help for parts and manuals, as many of you have found out!

4. This list is not necessarily completely accurate, nor can I be held liable for inaccuracies or omissions. Kindly let me know of corrections I need to make. Also tell me it you know of someone whom I can add—not just an outfit that is simply reselling, parts from a vendor on this list, though.

Future versions of this list will be announced on the Yahoo! “mitsubishitractors’ club referenced above. Thanks to Bill Brykczynski (bryk@ida.org) for his generous offer to post this list.

Version 3, compiled 25 September 2000
Version 2, compiled 5 September 2000
Version 1, compiled 20 August 2000

DO NOT USE THE ABOVE LIST! This is an old version, as the date shows (September 2000), and most of the info is incorrect or outdated. I should know, since I was the compiler. I have new vendors, and some of these vendors on this old version are kaput. I will have the new list done shortly and will offer it by mail for an SASE. Repeat--do NOT use the above list! I have already gotten flak from one vendor because he thought I left him off!

/ Mitsubishi/Satoh vendor list and general info #7  
You offer this information if we will send you a self addressed and stamped envelope, but you have neglected to include an address where this sase should be sent.

That was because the new list wasn't ready. Now it is. Refer to new thread.

/ Mitsubishi/Satoh vendor list and general info #9  
Don't forget Bill Rodgers of Valley Power Products in Roanoke, vppinc@rev.net. I just bought a set of manuals
for my Satoh s650g (I'm the original owner) from Bill.
A fine gentleman. I won't hesitate to deal with him in the future.

He's definitely in the new list, which is available on the mitsubishitractors group on Yahoo! Please disregard any old copies of the vendor list you have such as the one above, as it was completely revised this past spring. Over the next few months, as I get some more information, I will probably revise it again. Thanks again to Bill Brykczynski for posting this new version.

By the way, note how often Bill Rodgers of Valley Power Products and Leonard Sheaffer of Sheaf Tractor post here and in the Yahoo! Mitsu group forums. Though I didn't feel entirely comfortable trying to recommend specific people in the list itself, these two would be my first calls for almost everything in terms of Mitsu parts, help, and advice. Both were a big help with information that I was able to include in the list. Take this as a sign that they really want your business.