Satoh Beaver loader subframe

/ Satoh Beaver loader subframe #1  

Mundy

Silver Member
Tractor
Satoh Beaver 4X4, Scag Super Z
I have a S370D that is working out very well for me. I am thinking a loader would be a nice addition and I was wondering if anyone could share some pictures of their loader and specifically the sub frame. I am looking into building a Cad Loader and would like to see others sub frames for ideas.
I do not think for my limited budget I could find a loader for this unit so I think I will have to build one.

Thanks,
Mundy

/ Satoh Beaver loader subframe
Thanks for the link. I will search their site for images.

I am looking at $139 for plans $925 for the loader hydraulic kit and a fab shop up the road said he would have all the steel I needed in his scrap rack. He laughed when I threw $300 out as an estimate and said it would not be that much. So including some odds and ends but without my time, welding and cutting supplies or electricity I am looking at about $1500.
$1900 would be my very upper limit I would be willing to invest in a loader for this tractor.

I just cannot justify $3000 plus $300 mounting kit for this tractor. I would be further ahead to sell it and combine the $3300 for the loader with the sale of the tractor to buy another tractor with a loader.

This is a great little tractor. I have very little invested in it yet it is very reliable and well made.

Thanks again for your help

Mundy

/ Satoh Beaver loader subframe #4  
If you go to Free Plans Database , there are free plans for front end loaders and one set of free plans for a backhoe. Am going to use them for mine.

/ Satoh Beaver loader subframe #5  
if u can build one that will save u 1500 dollars.for me i cant even build a box muchless wield and cut metal. so i do not have too much choice.i can bolt stuff up.would like to c how it comes out.it is a lot of heavy duty wielding.
the metals would weigh about 150 lbs.how many hours work u figure?

/ Satoh Beaver loader subframe #6  
Here in sw Washington, I had Cowlitz Tractors fab/install one and added a 4' box scrapper for around $2k. Have been very satisfied with the workmanship. Next time I would opt for dual cylinders on the bucket.

/ Satoh Beaver loader subframe
Well,
I worked at a small fabrication shop for several years during college. They made structural steel for buildings and prototypes of part racks for the auto industry so the metal fab work will be a snap.

I think I can do the cutting and other metal prep work in about 20 hours. The plans say once things are cut there is approx 50 hours needed to finish. I assume that is painted and mounted on the tractor.

The tricky part looks to be bending the steel lines proper for the hydraulics. The mock up and welding should only take about 10 hours. The major part of the remaining 40 hours is in the hydraulics.

I will not be starting until after the new year. Just trying to be ready.
I hope to be mounting it up this spring.

I will keep you guys posted.

If anyone has a loader for a 370 they would part with lets talk. 70 hours of project time could be used on other things around here if a ready made unit could be found for a reasonable price.

Mundy

/ Satoh Beaver loader subframe #8  
I have a 370D with a Blackhawk loader. I will get you some pictures and post them here in the next few days.

/ Satoh Beaver loader subframe #9  
if u can find a used one u can fix it up in a lot less time.u would be digging dirt in no time at all.if u put in 5hours a day it will take 10 days to build.if u get help it may even be less time.dont know where u can find a used one though.