Upright exhuast on MT372

/ Upright exhuast on MT372 #1  

BTackett

Gold Member
Anyone ever seen a kit or muffler for a vertical exhaust on Mistubishi MT72 or any other Mitsu. Beaver, Bison etc. I am really not crazy about the foward facing and wonder if there is a vertical stack type available.

thanks,
Bill

/ Upright exhuast on MT372 #2  
On my MT180D I noticed that the elbow between the manifold and the stack could actually be rotated from horizontal to vertical.
My 180D is vertical.

If like mine with the K3C engine the 4 bolts are equally spaced thus allowing that easy 90 deg rotation to the vertical.

Otherwise cut and weld an elbow in place.

Check it out.
Good luck.

/ Upright exhuast on MT372 #3  
You can either build one or have a local muffler shop built it up.
It is best to tack everything in place though, when mine rotted out I had a muffler shop do a prefab with a short glasspack and I did the rest, if or when I have to do it again I will just get the parts and do it all myself.

Mine does not go straight up, I like the exhaust to face fwd since I have many low limbs to catch things that go up.

/ Upright exhuast on MT372
Thanks, I understand about the limbs. Our 4 acres here just has a small 1/2 acre wooded area in the corner that is fenced in for the two labs that we had. I don't have any other trees on the property yet.

thanks again.

Bill

/ Upright exhuast on MT372 #5  
what is the problem with the foward facing? does it block your vision or something?

/ Upright exhuast on MT372
No , I just like the upright to keep the exhuast out of my face on wind shifts.

Bill

/ Upright exhuast on MT372 #7  
I have a used up right exhaust for sale.

/ Upright exhuast on MT372 #8  
With the inablity to turn the muffler on my odd ball Kubota B6000, I put a nice little chome turn out, blows the fuel and soot away from me and the hyd hoses going to the front blade. Old set up was blackening the hoses and the blade itself. I like stacks as well, but sometimes its just now practical. I have a gaggle of hoses that go from the hyd control to the blade, and they go right over the muffler, so a stack would require some creative hose protection from the upright pipe. For now this will work. I also like the little Mits, local dealer has one, but the price is outragious. Cheers Mike
000_1498.jpg