Satoh S650G Maintenance Parts Info

/ Satoh S650G Maintenance Parts Info #21  
Transmission Oil is listed in maual as 80W and 4.49 gallons. I justed changed my Trans oil and they do mean 4.49 "GALLONS". Also manual says 80W for hydraulics, others on this forum says JD303 / Universal tractor trans hydraulics fluid which is 10w20 (from label on UTF) big differance. What is evryone using?

/ Satoh S650G Maintenance Parts Info #22  
Hi rolape, I don't know if your question regarding hydraulic oil has been answered but I have a '77 Bison w/Mazda PB100 engine. My operator's manual calls for hydraulic oil, SAE 20w or equivalent, (10w in extreme cold climates)....I can confirm all the other ignition/maintenance part #s posted by other members also....I have gotten 28 yrs. of great service out of my Satoh....thanks to all members (and the internet) I won't let my Bison die.

/ Satoh S650G Maintenance Parts Info #23  
It appears that this engine was not used in any cars imported into the US. All Mazdas I have found had larger displacement engines. This is actually a 987 cc engine, and I recently purchased a head gasket from a dealer in Australia. He has some other engine parts such as pistons, bearings, valves, etc. Try contacting
dean@autosurplus.com.au for more details.

The same engine seems to have been used in the following Mazda Australian models as well as the Bongo.
1000 Sedan 1967-1968
1000 Pickup 1967-1978
1000 Coupe 1966-1968

I am not sure, but Valley Power can probably supply lots of parts too.
email - vppinc@rev.net
website - satohparts.com

Another possible source is
Homestead Tractor in Apple Valley, CA. (760)240-1610

Leonard Schafer is another source, located in Illinois I think. He is mentioned in other posts on this fourm.

/ Satoh S650G Maintenance Parts Info #24  
Newbie here. Haven't even completely filled in my profile yet. I am in the OKC metro (Edmond, just north of the City).

Although I have extensive mechanical and fabricating skills, this is my first tractor. It is a 650G and I just got it this morning. Seller says I should change the hydraulic fluid, bc he doesn't believe it has been done in a while. I know to use either JD303 / Universal tractor fluid, but how much?

I am sure this has been posted, but I didn't see it. Sorry if I just missed it.

Was going to go by my local tractor supply and get a 5 gallon bucket of fluid. Will that be enough?

I also see there are several sources for service manuals (copies of originals) and they seem to run anywhere from $35 to $50 for the copies. Any chance there is a downloadable online? Also, the zip file in the very first post on this thread won't download for me. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help. Looking forward to learning from you guys.

/ Satoh S650G Maintenance Parts Info #25  
Just out of curiosity did your head need any rework milling cracks etc done i just learned the hard way my radiator should have been cleaned out prior to heavy high grass mowing pretty sure i have at miniumum blown head gasket and concernned what all damage i might have done to the head etc.

/ Satoh S650G Maintenance Parts Info #26  
Just out of curiosity did your head need any rework milling cracks etc done i just learned the hard way my radiator should have been cleaned out prior to heavy high grass mowing pretty sure i have at miniumum blown head gasket and concernned what all damage i might have done to the head etc.

I believe all mine needs right now is a choke cable (purchased but not yet installed) and the hydraulic fluid changed.

Anyone know how many quarts or gallons I need. It is a split system, so it is not the transaxle fluid, just the hydraulic. No power steering, just a 3 point.

Thanks.

Lynn

/ Satoh S650G Maintenance Parts Info #27  
Lynn, you've asked several times and nobody has answered. I don't know the answer specifically, but my Yanmar YM240, a slightly smaller machine but with shared transmission and hydraulic fluid takes about 4 gallons. My International 284, roughly comparable to yours, since it has an engine from the same family, uses 13 liters, about the same. It, too, has a shared hydraulic/transmission fluid system.

The Nebraska tractor test doesn't list your hydraulic capacity, but I'd be really surprised if 5 gallons didn't do the transmission and hydraulic system both; it should almost certainly do the hydraulic circuit. Post back here when you do it, so that we can have access to your information.

/ Satoh S650G Maintenance Parts Info #28  
This is from an older post:

You mentioned a drain plug. Where is the drainplug located? If you removed the one on the belly of the tractor, you drained out the 80W-90 gear oil from the transmission. You may already know, but he 650 has a seperate reservoir for the hyraulics and the tranny. Tranny takes 5 gallons of 80W-90 gear oil. Hydraulics use approx. 1 gallon of universal hydraulic fluid.

/ Satoh S650G Maintenance Parts Info #29  
Thanks guys.

I will plan on one gallon. I will definitely report back when I am done just to confirm the info Edward (Oliver28472) provided from the previous post.
Can't believe I didn't run across that when I was searching.

Lynn

/ Satoh S650G Maintenance Parts Info #30  
Book says tranny will take 4.49 gal. of 80w-90 gear oil. Fill level is determined by removing the plastic plug on the left side of the tranny near your foots resting place.
Hydraulic fluid is JD 303 or equal. One gal. is close depending on your accessories.