Does Mitsu hydraulic screens have a NAPA part #?

/ Does Mitsu hydraulic screens have a NAPA part #? #1  

BTackett

Gold Member
I just drained my fluid and when I pulled the screen out it was damaged. Is there a NAPA part number to buy locally or is it an item I have to get from dealer?

thanks,
Bill

/ Does Mitsu hydraulic screens have a NAPA part #? #2  
Bill, sorry to say, its a dealer item:(

Call around & you will find one, there are lots of dealers here for mitsus.

good luck

/ Does Mitsu hydraulic screens have a NAPA part #? #3  
Yup that would be a dealer item.

/ Does Mitsu hydraulic screens have a NAPA part #?
When I pulled the screen to drain ( also removed top to replace valve lever that broke) the screen was torn/damaged. After flushing the bottom of the case I heard a klunk in the drain pan. Come to find out there was a bolt in the bottom of the case. I checked everything in the gears, etc to see if one was missing but found nothing. ??? I hope this doesn't present a problem. I don't know where the bolt came from unless the top cover was off previously and it fell in. The bolt could have damaged the screen though from the looks of it.
MT372Tractor016.jpg

MT372Tractor020.jpg

thanks,
Bill

/ Does Mitsu hydraulic screens have a NAPA part #? #5  
That is one nasty looking screen. The bolt was probably bailing out of that nasty oil. You might want to change your fluids a little more often. If you already do, you might want to think about installing a filter on your breather. I like to use a 3/8" inline fuel filter. The plastic see thru kind are the best as you can see when they should be changed.
Can you post a pic of the bolt?

I bought the tractor recently and was changing all the fluids. It had A LOT of water in it and was burping out the shifter boot. You think the gear lube was ugly, you should have seen the OIL! I filled it with fresh Rotella and flushed the gearcase with kersosend and will put new lube in it when I get the new screen.

This tractor sit outside for a long time and I guess the rain got in throught the boots. When I drained it it was like grey latex paint.

I will take a picture of the bolt tonight . It looks like it had silicone/RTV on it at some point. Don't really know. I inspected all the gears and could not find any damage.

thanks,
Bill

/ Does Mitsu hydraulic screens have a NAPA part #? #7  
BTackett said:
I just drained my fluid and when I pulled the screen out it was damaged. Is there a NAPA part number to buy locally or is it an item I have to get from dealer?

thanks,
Bill

On a TEMPORARY basis, if the hole is not overly big, you could always solder a patch in pace with some brass shim stock. (even a piece of tin can!).
I would even solder over any holes bigger then the mesh holes.

NB (might be wrong) but that foamy gunky stuff around your filter looks to me as if you have water in your fluid. Check your rubber boots for tears.

Fill, run a few hrs to 'flush out' and replace with new fluid.

I figured at $60 a pop for 4 gallons of lube, I would use $5 worth of kerosene and clean it out while I had the top off. I have a new $65 screen on the way this week.

thanks,

Bill

/ Does Mitsu hydraulic screens have a NAPA part #? #9  
???? $60 for 4 gallons? What kind of oil is it? You might want to price it in a 5 gallon pail. Personally, I wouldn't use kero. Pick up some cheap oil, doesn't matter if it's motor oil or tranny fluid. Run it thru for a few minutes and change it with the proper oil.

If your bolt has the blue stuff on the bolt head, I know where it came from. The retaining bolt for the cross shaft on the spider gears might have broken. I have seen this a few times. It's not a problem as there is enough bolt still in there to hold the shaft. It's only a problem if you have to disassemble the carrier.

Tractor supply for the lube. 80-90 was $27.30 for 2 gallons. I took the last two gallons they had.

TSC has went way down hill for tractor parts. You can get all the rabbit -dog feed you need but if you need tractor supply parts....hmm..... I would go somewhere else. You can't even get a catalog to browse unless you mail order it also!

My local Co-op was out of lube $21 for 2 gallons.

I used kerosene as I have owned multiple Gravely's and the manual always said to flush with kerosene. It cleaned up nicely and ready for the new lube once the new screen is back in.