Hydraualic adaptor plate for Satoh 650G

/ Hydraualic adaptor plate for Satoh 650G #1  

Rich Jakowski

Since this is my first post I want to say it's great to have found a forum dedicated to older tractors and how we can keep them running.

I've had a Satoh 650 G for more than 20 years which I purchase used and is still in great condition. I want to attach to a hydraulic log splitter and need to make connections to the hydraulic system. The Mitsubishi parts catalog I have shows a hydraulic adaptor plate which I assume can be used to attach extas lines to the hydraulic control value. Does anyone know where I can find this part? There seems to be two versions, for tractors with serial numbers above and below 700,000. I suspect the only source would be salvaged parts from a junked 650G.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

/ Hydraualic adaptor plate for Satoh 650G #2  
I'm sure I have a used adapter on one of my parts tractors.

/ Hydraualic adaptor plate for Satoh 650G
lens12,

Hey, that's great!

I'm going to send you an email.

Rich

/ Hydraualic adaptor plate for Satoh 650G
Just to let anyone interested know I received the used hydraulic plate adapter last saturday. Went down to my local NAPA store on Monday and had some hydraulic lines fabricated. Installing the plate and conneting the two lines was no problem at all. Attached the log splitter to the three point hitch, connected the two line and started up the tractor. What a mess, nothing worked. No three point hitch function, the control lever on the splitter was frozen and the hydraulics were screeming to beat the band.

What to do next? Well, why not start by reversing the two lines going to the splitter ... and whaddayaknow? After that everything worked just fine. Went out to my wood lot later that day and split 1/2 cord of wood without a hitch. Some of the logs were nearly 2 feet in diameter.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Lenard at Sheaffer's Town and Country Tractor in Dixon, IL for comming to my aid and helping to get a job done I long wanted to accomplish.

/ Hydraualic adaptor plate for Satoh 650G #5  
Anyone ever seen one for a mitsubishi D1600? I'd like to get some remote hydraulics on this old thing.

/ Hydraualic adaptor plate for Satoh 650G #6  
Rich,
Could you send me photos of the plate and how it is attached.
I am looking to do the same on my S650G.
Please email me at dbd@dejazzd.com

Thanks
doc

/ Hydraualic adaptor plate for Satoh 650G #7  
Guys over at valley power make the adapter plates,I just had one made for my beaver. I didnt even think of leonard(Sorry bout that)! Their web is Valley Power Hope this helps!

/ Hydraualic adaptor plate for Satoh 650G #8  
Hey Rich, Great Story! Hey can you post a pic of your 650g tractor only and then the entire rig with splitter, or whatever you have......I would like to see your tractor with or without the splitter.....

Thanks for sharing and I have talked with Leonard, very helpful indeed! :)

Oh here's a pic of my little pride on joy at http://drumofarm.com/drumofarm photos/Satoh-tractor.jpg

And as 'tnhomestead' said also Bill and Lemuel over at Valley Power are awesome! believe me I wear all these guys out restoring our 650g.........But hey I buy stuff from them too! :)

Boo