Mitsubishi Satoh 650

/ Mitsubishi Satoh 650 #1  

7acres

Tractor
Kubota B1750
Hi looking at a Satoh Bison with 25 hp. Needs work, but runs and comes with a loader. Are these machines hard to find parts?

/ Mitsubishi Satoh 650
...........?

/ Mitsubishi Satoh 650 #3  
Depends on the part. Tune-up parts and filters can be gotten as easily as going to NAPA. You just need to know what part numbers to ask for. Most other parts are available, some are just a little more expensive than others. There a couple dealers who frequent this site (sheaf tractor and Valley Power) who have parts and I've gotten parts from places like Wenger's of Myerstown.

Reading through the various posts on this site is a great way to research the tractor. I've had mine for about 4 years now and it's not pretty, but it's a tough little tractor. IMO it's relatively lite weight is it's biggest problem, but if it has a loader that would help that out a bunch. What needs work on the one you're looking at buying?

/ Mitsubishi Satoh 650 #4  
I am retiring my satoh 650 g. I would be willing to part it out or sell the whole thing for 800.00. There is a guy at Valley Power that has about everything, also e-bay has many parts

/ Mitsubishi Satoh 650
Villengineer said:
Depends on the part. Tune-up parts and filters can be gotten as easily as going to NAPA. You just need to know what part numbers to ask for. Most other parts are available, some are just a little more expensive than others. There a couple dealers who frequent this site (sheaf tractor and Valley Power) who have parts and I've gotten parts from places like Wenger's of Myerstown.

Reading through the various posts on this site is a great way to research the tractor. I've had mine for about 4 years now and it's not pretty, but it's a tough little tractor. IMO it's relatively lite weight is it's biggest problem, but if it has a loader that would help that out a bunch. What needs work on the one you're looking at buying?

Not 100% sure yet. I'm going to look at it this week. Looks like some issues with the throttle cable, exhaust manifold, etc.

Thanks

/ Mitsubishi Satoh 650 #6  
7acres said:
Not 100% sure yet. I'm going to look at it this week. Looks like some issues with the throttle cable, exhaust manifold, etc.

Thanks

Throttle cable wouldn't be a big deal. I have seen them for sale on e-bay and you can replacements custom made if necessary without breaking the bank.

Exhaust manifold issues are different story. Depending on what's wrong and how long they've let it go, it could be a really simple fix or just the tip of the iceburg.

Out of curiosity, what's the asking $?

/ Mitsubishi Satoh 650
Villengineer said:
Throttle cable wouldn't be a big deal. I have seen them for sale on e-bay and you can replacements custom made if necessary without breaking the bank.

Exhaust manifold issues are different story. Depending on what's wrong and how long they've let it go, it could be a really simple fix or just the tip of the iceburg.

Out of curiosity, what's the asking $?

Asking is $2500 or best offer. The owner wasn't sure whether it was the governer or throttle....he has to run it in choke and back off with the clutch.

What else could be the deal with the exhaust manifold?

If I got it for 2k whould it be worth it to repair or I am already over the market value? If I have to spend over 1k in repairs and labor then it's not worth it to me.

Thanks
I sent you a PM with more details.

/ Mitsubishi Satoh 650 #8  
7acres said:
Asking is $2500 or best offer. The owner wasn't sure whether it was the governer or throttle....he has to run it in choke and back off with the clutch.

What else could be the deal with the exhaust manifold?

If I got it for 2k whould it be worth it to repair or I am already over the market value? If I have to spend over 1k in repairs and labor then it's not worth it to me.

Thanks
I sent you a PM with more details.

I didn't get the PM

Symptoms sound like it could be just about anything in the fuel system. Tough to troubleshoot it without being there. I've seen several things cause these symptoms. Clogged fuel filter, a little dirt in the carb, carb may need rebuilt, throttle cable, governor, etc.... If there is a known issue with the throttle cable, then it could be as simple as that.

If the exh manifold has been leaking at the head for an extended period of time, the exh valve(s) could be burnt. Also, these engines are aluminum so watch out for striped out threads and such. While repairable, it just adds to the repair $.

If the loader is in good condition then that greatly adds to the value of the tractor. I would guess that a good loader would add at least $750+ to the tractor. Mine does not have a loader and I paid $2000 4 yrs ago in running condition and it was ok in the appearance department. (crappy brushed on paint job) Since then I've rebuilt the governor, put a new pressure plate in it, and all the usual filters/tune-up stuff. I know I haven't put more than $1k into it, but I've done all the work myself and "customized" when necessary. The OEM repair manuals can be bought on ebay and are definitely worth the $. I have easily paid for it all and then some. I saved a lot of money with it when I was building my house by doing a lot of the landscaping and putting in the lawn myself. I've also made side money putting in other people's lawns, brush hogging, doing lite excavating, tilling gardens, and plowing snow. If I were selling it today, I would try and get $1700-$2000 for it. They are a convenient size and when running correctly will run out of traction before power.

Hope this helps

/ Mitsubishi Satoh 650
Yes, the manifold bolts(2) were broken

Thank you...your summary helps!

/ Mitsubishi Satoh 650 #10  
I have a Satoh S650G bison With a bucket loader And a Backhoe That I am trying to bring back to life. It needs a lot of work but I would like to put it together. The governor was crushed. So I am trying to find a Governor. I understand some parts are quite expensive. I understand this and am willing to pay reasonably but am hoping I can find this part relatively affordably. Otherwise I may be parting this one out too. If anyone can help, let me know. Thanks John 916-476-0600