satoh beaver 370D won't start

/ satoh beaver 370D won't start #1  

dodgeram945

Tractor
International 3500A, Case 580CK, Satoh Beaver
I recently purchased a Satoh beaver 370d and can't get it to start. The fuel seems to be pumping and glow plugs are working but it seems like it is turning over really slow. I replaced the battery and cables but I'm not sure how fast it should turn over or what else to look at. I'm thinking the starter is bad but I'm not sure how many amps it should take. I took the starter off and had it tested at the local NAPA store. It took 110 amps to turn it over without any load and they said it should be good unless it takes over 150 amps. Has anyone else ever experienced this problem? I would guess the starter is bad but would like other opinions before spending the money on a starter only to find that wasn't it. Thanks in advance

/ satoh beaver 370D won't start #2  
ok so the 370 would not start. you had the starter tested and it was ok.it is turning over slowly.what i would do in your situation is use a charger /booster on the battery for extra juice and crank it up.how cold is it where you are?if it is cold you will have to warm up the tractor with a heater or it will turn over slow.also how long did you heat up the glow plugs?you can have heaters fitted in the freeze out plugs to help with starting in cold weather.i would heat the glow plugs for about a minute then crank.if it is still cranking slow with the extra juice it is possible the starter.when the bushings are too worn on the starter it will turn slower under load.A & T Parts & Rebuilders this link rebuilds alternators and starters and water pumps.hope this help.

/ satoh beaver 370D won't start
Thanks for thhe help. I had the starter checked again after doing what you suggested and with no load it was drawing 130 amps. I looked in my repair manual and it says it should draw 62 amps or less with no load. So I guess I will check with your link and see what they get to repair or to purchase a repaired starter. The end of the starter gets really hot so I'm guessing bushings or something. Thanks for the help MIT. Also where would I go about getting the block heater you were suggesting?