Default 1972 Mitsubishi R2500

so what's the scoop on these. is it even possible to get parts for them anymore?

one for sale locally, probably 2g's or less, it's been for sale for a while. has loader, and a recently rebuilt clutch that slips. ( probably oil on it)

probably means rear main seal on engine I'd think.

I suspect this is one to avoid, but figgered I'd ask.

thanks,
    ryan

Tractor
    Mahindra 2015HST & Mitsubish R1500

Default Re: 1972 Mitsubishi R2500

I have a R1500 and I can attest that it's pretty much impossible to get parts for it. The R1500/R2500 were sold about the same time, and as far as I know have the distinction of NOT being gray market tractors.

On the bright side, I only paid $500 and it included a 40" brush hog. It has also taught me a lot about repairs and improvising things to make it work. In the process of repairing it, I was impressed with Mitsubishi's engineering which convinced me to go with a Mahindra 2015 which is also made by Mitsubishi.

If you do decide to get it, just know what you're getting into.

Gold Member

A & T Parts & Rebuilders Valley Power. try the last url it has some interesting facts about mitsu tractors.parts for these tractors are not cheap.a key cost 25 bucks.or u can substitute the switch with 2 keys for about the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by srjones
    If you do decide to get it, just know what you're getting into.
    thanks for the replies, I think I'll give it a miss....

Gold Member

if you can fix it yourself.why dont you e mail sheaftractor@grics.net> and get a price on the seals and clutch.plus get prices on a john deere and replacement parts. a new front loader starts at about 3500 dollars.do the math.