Satoh 550

/ Satoh 550 #1  

plunkinberry

I bought this at auction a couple years ago and have used is a little bit; it has a woods L59 belly mower that I use to rough mow some wooded acerage. Tractor runs fine most of the time, but could probably use an overhaul. I don't have much information about where to get parts, but have heard that since its a mitsubushi motor I can buy most of those parts at NAPA or similar.

I found this link: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mitsubishi-satoh/114935-satoh-s650g-maintenance-parts-info.html but its for a 650. How much of that would transfer over? Any?

I am currently thinking about a new oil filter - which I can easily enough replace - and a fuel filter, which shouldn't be difficult since its a standard in-line filter. What about a carb rebuild kit? Any ideas?

I could pull a plug and just replace what is currently in it, but what about wires, cap, rotor, etc.???

/ Satoh 550
I just saw a rebuilt carb on ebay for $400 + s/h and it said it was a NIKKI 21002. Is this a reference I can use? Is this correct? It looks similar...

/ Satoh 550 #3  
plunkinberry said:
I just saw a rebuilt carb on ebay for $400 + s/h and it said it was a NIKKI 21002. Is this a reference I can use? Is this correct? It looks similar...

Rebuilt by whom? This thing just might be worse than what you already have. You could buy a bunch of carb kits and service literature for $400. Plus you would learn a lot.

/ Satoh 550
I don't know who is rebuilding it... just whomever is selling it.

Where can I get rebuild kits? How do I identify it?

/ Satoh 550 #5  
There are one or two Mitsu parts suppliers that offer advice on this board. Check the old posts and I'm sure you will find some leads. I would try NAPA too. If you can find someone to dig deep enough, you might be surprised what they can come up with. That carb surely has number on it somewhere. It would be a good idea to have that on hand when making inquiries.