Satah 650G Bison Distributor gear

/ Satah 650G Bison Distributor gear #1  

Burb_tractors

Hey all,
My first posting here.
I have a distributor with about 6 teeth in a row broken out of the gear. The rotor does not spin.
Is it possible to get the gear only, or the whole distributor?
Thanks.

/ Satah 650G Bison Distributor gear #2  
2008,... Now 2011 and no thread. I have been fighting the dstributor on a Satoh 650G Bison for 5 years. I had found a forum that cross-referenced Napa Auto parts (which I can't find those notes now). That saved a bunch of money for condenser, points, rotar, and cap.

Now I think I need a new distributor. Did you ever resolve your problem or find a parts source?

/ Satah 650G Bison Distributor gear #3  
My International Harvester shares the same engine as your 650G. I found this information, and copied and pasted it. The confirmed remarks are not mine. I have used the chart to recently (less than 4 months ago) do the points and condenser, rotor and cap in my tractor. I will try to find my source so they can be credited. Try Valley Power and Sheaffer . And then please PLEASE PLEASE tell us what you find and what works, or doesn't.

I have another list of cross references from stores other than NAPA, too, but I think they agree.

Ignition:

Spark Plugs: Champion (N4C) - NAPA 803C (confirmed works well)

Wires: NAPA 700172 (solid core) and 700168 (resistor core - needed if running a radio ect)(confirmed)
Custom short length sets are also available at Tractor Supply and you can length to suit.

Distributor Cap: NAPA EP710, Borg Warner# C 585 (NAPA part number confirmed)

Rotor Button: NAPA EP711 (confirmed (but you have to push back the metal tongue to get it on)

Points: NAPA CS360, Borg Warner# A 529 - new points set @ 18 thousanths

Condenser: NAPA EP300, Borg Warner# G 658

/ Satah 650G Bison Distributor gear #4  
This is the man I originally used. His web page is htt p://www.personal.psu.edu/jfp13/tractor/International_284_Part-Numbers.html

(Pull a couple spaces out in the HTTP part, but here is the saved web page in a txt file. I don't want to crash his server or overrun his bandwidth)

His name is John, and his list really helped me out.

I think I might have used CS360 for the points-I bought two different sets and had to return one.

He also advised talking to these folks: Satoh

/ Satah 650G Bison Distributor gear #5  
I don't or can't tell by your post if your having a gear issue or electrical issue, but to add my two cents worth, I installed a pertronix ignitor conversion unit on my s650g [mid 70's ???] and it cranks like a charm now,I couldn't ask for any better cranking motor [unless it was fuel injected, and I'm working on adapting a late 2300 efi ford dist and all efi components to go with it, the dist and ecu are simple to set up once the injector bungs are welded to the intake.This would be a long post to explain what I'm doing ,and will get back to this forum as I go along with my progress], with the carb being the weak link in the set up as it is now,but I'm working on something to take care of all of that soon. Keep us posted as to what you find on your issue so that others may benefit from your experiences. Thanks

/ Satah 650G Bison Distributor gear #6  
Turbomoparman, will you take some pictures of your conversion as you do the EFI swap? My International has the same engine as your 650G, and the carburetor is a continuing source of frustration. I'm interested to see how you integrate the governor into the system, and what injectors you use. I would really enjoy to read a build thread. I have considered using a propane fuel system myself, or re-engining with a diesel, likely from a Yanmar or Kubota. As lazy and non-productive as I am, though, it will probably stay carbureted and get quarterly carb teardowns, and the majority of my chores will be done with the little diesels. :D