Mitsubishi MT2001 Clutch Stuck

/ Mitsubishi MT2001 Clutch Stuck #1  

gmontano

I have a clutch stuck on my Mitsubishi 2wd tractor. I have tried to start the tractor with the clutch pushed down, I drove it around for a couple hours and it never disengaged. I tried different gears, gave lots of gas and hit breaks. This has work previosly. I would love to avoid splitting this. Any other thoughts? Is there any way to access the flywheel to get a screw driver in there to break that without taking it all apart?

/ Mitsubishi MT2001 Clutch Stuck #2  
I used a garden sprayer to apply kerosene to a stuck clutch. It was so rusty that even a screwdriver couldn't pry it apart. I applied the kero once a day (liberally) for two days. Let it sit for another day....and then drove it around with the clutch wired down. After about 10 minutes I started tapping the brakes lightly and it came loose. No problem since. The lubricity of the kero won't hurt anything and it will quickly evaporate off once you start working the tractor.

/ Mitsubishi MT2001 Clutch Stuck
Thank you for the information. How did you get the Kerosene on to the clutch? Did you still have to at least partially remove the clutch to get to the fly wheel or is there a way without removing it? I would like to try this with the most minimal work possible.

/ Mitsubishi MT2001 Clutch Stuck #4  
I'm not familiar with your model of tractor, but I assume there is an inspection plate on the belly/side somewhere. After you remove the plate, just put the kero in a cheap hand-pump garden sprayer.....and apply liberally. There shouldn't be anything in there to hurt, but I would avoid drowning the throw-out bearing if possible.

/ Mitsubishi MT2001 Clutch Stuck #5  
When you park it. Put something under the clutch pedal to hold it down & you won't have this problem again

/ Mitsubishi MT2001 Clutch Stuck #6  
Try running something on the PTO (brush hog, etc) and then hit the clutch. This has happened each spring for the last two years on my R1500. I'm not sure why, but that seemed to pop it loose each time.

unfortunately, I do not have anything but a blade to hook up in the back. I even tried to put the tractor in low gear, hold the clutch down and pull it with my truck. still didn't break loose. I can not find an inspection plate anywhere. So, I can not find a place to try kerosene. I assume the inspection plate would be on, or close to the bell housing. I might be stuck splitting it. Unless, someone has additional things to try.

/ Mitsubishi MT2001 Clutch Stuck #8  
I have an MTE 2000D which isn't the same engine as yours but on mine you can pull the starter and gain a little access to the flywheel that way. About 10 minutes and you can have the starter off. Should be a similar setup with yours, might give that a try.

Much easier. I hope that works, Thank you!

That did the trick! You saved me tons of time! Thanks!