Can't start my Satoh 650G

/ Can't start my Satoh 650G #1  

steve-olson

This tractor always started first crank and ran excellent but the other day I was out discing up a food plot and turned the tractor off to take a break. I then added some new fuel and went to start it and it started extremely hard and once running it putted and back fired once. Normall I have to choke it lightly but nothing worked this time. I finally got it started but once it ran again it idled rough and at full throttle it still seemed to get better. While back at work the govenor would constantly try to give more RPMs when it didn't seem necessary. Anyhow, I tried to start the tractor again today and it will not start at all. My dad seems to think bad fuel or clogged fuel lines. What are some possible causes I have not done anything to check it out yet.
Thanks STEVE

/ Can't start my Satoh 650G #2  
Sounds like fuel related problem to me too. It is always best to start with the simple things like filters, fuel level, etc.

/ Can't start my Satoh 650G #3  
i think backfire is caused by hot gasses in the exhaust.these gasses ignite and explode.from this theory i would proceed to say that your engine is suddenly running rich.so the first thing to check would be the air filter.