Satoh Buck 3 pt down pressure.

/ Satoh Buck 3 pt down pressure. #1  

mtjohnso

I have recently acquired my fathers Satoh Buck that he had and beat up pretty badly. I cleaned the diesel filter and got the tractor running. Then I cleaned the hydraulic filter and got the hydraulics working. When I tried the 3 pt it would go up but not down. I only recently (15 minutes ago) found out that the hydraulic cylinder for the 3 pt is single acting and uses the weight of the implement to cause the 3 pt to lower when the lever is in the down position. So the question that i have is how much weight is required to make the 3 pt go down? I stood on the arms and that was not enough (190 pds).
I find that when I let the tractor sit for several days that the three point has lowered back down which would lead me to blieve that the O rings need replacing in the spool valve.
Also i find that the front bucket is now slow to lift. I checked the fluid level and it is fine. I cleaned the hyd filter only abotu 2 months ago. Of course when the fluid was exchanged fromt he cyclinders, maybe that brough gunk into the transmission. Thoughts. Is there someplace that a pressure gauge can be added to check the pump and valves and such?

/ Satoh Buck 3 pt down pressure. #2  
Check for a knob or small lever under the seat that adjusts the down speed of the 3 point lift. On my Mitsubishi, turning this knob all the way clockwise prevents the lift from lowering.

/ Satoh Buck 3 pt down pressure. #3  
Check for a knob or small lever under the seat that adjusts the down speed of the 3 point lift. On my Mitsubishi, turning this knob all the way clockwise prevents the lift from lowering.

So, does anyone know if the Buck has this "knob".. I have a snow plow on the front of my Buck, that runs off the same place as my 3pt hitch. Problem is when I lower my plow, my 3pt lowers as well, and I have a carry all back there which drags a bit. Not a huge deal, but would rather is stayed up while plowing snow.

/ Satoh Buck 3 pt down pressure. #4  
So, does anyone know if the Buck has this "knob".. I have a snow plow on the front of my Buck, that runs off the same place as my 3pt hitch. Problem is when I lower my plow, my 3pt lowers as well, and I have a carry all back there which drags a bit. Not a huge deal, but would rather is stayed up while plowing snow.

Yes, the Buck has this knob. I adjust it all the time when changing implements from the light grader blade to the heavy mower. If you are sitting on the seat it's under your crotch.

/ Satoh Buck 3 pt down pressure. #5  
ahhhh fantastic.! This will help me with my snow plow!
Thanks Evan.!

/ Satoh Buck 3 pt down pressure. #6  
Yes, the Buck has this knob. I adjust it all the time when changing implements from the light grader blade to the heavy mower. If you are sitting on the seat it's under your crotch.

Thanks Evan.. found it.. not a "knob" on my machine, more like a set screw, but I turned it pretty much "OFF" so only my snow plow is affected by the up/down lever. Works awesome.
Now, if I can figure out who you guys get hydraulic impliments on the front of your machines. Like : Loaders, 4-way plows, Hyd snowblowers, etc etc..
And also front weights.. I have yet to do that too.. Spring time I suspect.

Thanks again

/ Satoh Buck 3 pt down pressure. #7  
I find that when I let the tractor sit for several days that the three point has lowered back down which would lead me to blieve that the O rings need replacing in the spool valve. ...

I would suspect first that oil is leaking past the 3-pt lift piston. It is not uncommon for those to bleed down over time like a lot of hydraulic equipment such as floor/bottle jacks, etc.

/ Satoh Buck 3 pt down pressure. #8  
Dsavave there is a triangular plate on the left side under the seat. Valley power can make you a replacement plate that has hydraulic ports. I got one for my Buck and it worked perfectly. I had the local shop make up the hoses I needed to connect to my Koyker 110 FEL. This worked out great and I no longer need cent end weights. Good luck! Rowdy Raven