Urgent Help Satoh 650G

/ Urgent Help Satoh 650G #1  

crossedsabres

Hello guys, first post and I am in need of some serious help. My girlfriend was putting out some round bales of hay and her tractor a Satoh 650G got stuck in reverse. It did that with me one time and I removed the shift tower and tapped it into neutral. The main problem is it feels like it is stuck in reverse and a forward gear so when you drop the clutch it feels bound up and then will kills the engine like trying to start a truck in fourth gear.

The two shift forks appear equal when you look down at them and they appear towards the back of the gear box. So its almost as if the tractor is in both R and 3rd gear. If that makes sense. Anyone have an idea of what to do to get this thing back to running, the previous owner had been real lax in maintenance and there was a low level of gear oil in the box. If anything, does anyone have a tip for getting the gear box cover off, I removed the six bolts on top and got nowhere. Its very frustrating, because this tractor is perfect for what it does. A small, stout tractor to move hay and drag a scrape of a drag occasionally. Thanks for any help, it is much appreciated.

/ Urgent Help Satoh 650G #2  
y dont you pry the gears out of the positions that is causing the problem.and restore them to neutral.then adjust the forks which may be bent.to cause this to happen.