Broken Beaver 370D, what to do with it...part out, repair, sell?

/ Broken Beaver 370D, what to do with it...part out, repair, sell? #1  

lomarker

Hello,

I have a Beaver 370D which recently broke the front axle housing quite bad and the right axle shaft. The housing is totaled and the shaft, but everything else seems to be ok. The little tractor runs great and seemingly has no other issues, but I couldn't see putting out the money to fix it and ended up buying a new Mahindra 2415. But now I have the Beaver which I'm not going to put the 500-1000 dollars into fixing and need to figure out what the best way to sell it or get rid of it. Parting these tractors out seems like a bit of work but may yield the most money over the long run. Being on the west coast it doesn't seem like a huge market for the parts and partially running tractors like on the east coast. Any ideas or suggestions. The tractor is an 81 4X4 and has a front loader and rear blade and the PTO turns the right direction. Thanks for any help.

Steve

/ Broken Beaver 370D, what to do with it...part out, repair, sell? #2  
What part of the West coast are you in?

Post some pictures of the loader and the PTO along with some other general photos of the tractor.

Someone here may be interested in it whole.

/ Broken Beaver 370D, what to do with it...part out, repair, sell? #3  
Just a thought!

Why not remouve all the front end; eg disconnect the frt propeller shaft (easy enough) and drop the front completely.(just diconnect the front pivot)
Would be not all that hard to jurry rig a front steerable axle assy from some car parts and you'd end up with a 2wd tractor!
Shucks a guy could weld up a steerable front end from scratch using salvaged auto parts quite easily.
Or again I bet you can buy a complete 2wd front end (any brand would do) from scrappers and adapt easily. That way you'd still have a usable tool capable of many jobs such as mowing or plain pulling of a wagon etc.

Heck I bet many a guy would swap you a Mits/Sotah 2wd front end for the loader alone!

My 2 cents.

/ Broken Beaver 370D, what to do with it...part out, repair, sell?
Thanks for the replies, I'll get some pictures and put them in the for sale...see what happens I guess.

/ Broken Beaver 370D, what to do with it...part out, repair, sell? #5  
Im interested in buying that 370D complete for parts! Can you contact me an advise it it's still available? My email is:

acreageoutfitters@hotmail.com

Thanks Vic

/ Broken Beaver 370D, what to do with it...part out, repair, sell? #6  
lomarker,

I bought a D370 about a year ago - less engine - to part out. The steering column and the front axle sold right away but the rest laid around for a long time. I finally sold the remaining powertrain to a guy who thought he wanted to make a pulling tractor out of it.

My free advice - worth exactly what it cost you- sell it to a tractor wrecking yard unless you have a space to leave it lay for a long time. Older tractors sell only when they are complete and running well in my experience.

/ Broken Beaver 370D, what to do with it...part out, repair, sell? #7  
fab a new front axle, put tracks on it and make it into a skid steer. You already have the turning brakes installed. Yeah!

/ Broken Beaver 370D, what to do with it...part out, repair, sell? #8  
I have a S370D with a broken crank shaft. I would like to sell it for parts if you are interested. I am located in Texas next to Lake Texoma on Hwy 377.

denvilb2000@yahoo.com

Denny

/ Broken Beaver 370D, what to do with it...part out, repair, sell? #9  
Sorry to hear about your Beaver. I have one that got overheated by the person I loaned it too. I am debating on whether to rebuild, buy a used engine or part out.

/ Broken Beaver 370D, what to do with it...part out, repair, sell? #10  
I'm interested in purchasing parts tractors. I do have a couple S370 motors that are supposed to be good for sale. Also FWD parts.