Satoh Beaver Implements

/ Satoh Beaver Implements #1  

Hyzercreek

Tractor
Satoh Beaver 4x4 diesel
OK I've had my Satoh Beaver 4x4 diesel with a 48 inch rear mower deck for 4 years, and have only been using it as a mower since I had a Case Dozer for heavy work, and a bigger Kubota for loader work. Since I sold them both all I have left is the Satoh, which I find myself suddenly getting into since it's all I've got now. Looking for plow for snow, or front end loader. I figure with a loader on the front I can take off the ballast I've been using since Satoh Beavers are real light in the front.

My question is, who has a front end loader they want to sell me? Or a plow? Don't everybody answer at once. I don't need any parts the Satoh Beaver is indestructible and I've been taking it for granted that it will never break.

/ Satoh Beaver Implements
By the way, dont let your Satoh sit for long without a battery in it. I remove my battery each winter, and I went to put it back this spring and a robin had built a nest in the battery compartment and there were 3 eggs in it, now I have to wait for the eggs to hatch and the birds to fly off before I can use the friggin tractor. I hope the grass isnt hay by then.

My mower deck for the Beaver is the Master made by Rotech in Kansas. I guess its out of business. It's real old, cant find anything out about it. The mower deck is fantastic and works great. My hitch is Category 0 and runs backwards. (counter clockwise)

/ Satoh Beaver Implements #4  
Hi,
I don't believe any snow plows were specifically made for Sotah or Mitsubishi's.
Most folks will adapt a used (and modified) truck plow to push snow.
As to loaders, you might get lucky and find a used setup (you probably want to limit at about 4 ft) but you probably will need to be a handy welder type guy in order to adapt.

Your best bet is probably a decent back blade about 60" wide and push in reverse as well as a good set of chains. (keep your weights)

Since your rotation is reverse you'll find it real hard to find a blower, mind, you have 3 speeds on that PTO and most front blowers turn reverse (as compared to rear units) and generally are linked to engine RPM's suggesting that just maybe you could adapt a front blower with proper linkage to use on your rear (reverse) Sotah.
The question would be if your highest rear PTO RPMs will match the needs of a front blower.
On the other hand I do believe that a 'reverser kit' was available for some Sotah's.

Good luck!

/ Satoh Beaver Implements #5  
Wow. I thought I was the only person in existence with one of these mowers. Rotec is indeed out of business, as it was bought out by a company in Iowa called Art's Way....which, however, is still in business. I just bought a set of blades for my Rotec Master 5-foot three-point finish mower. It's blue and white, and extremely heavy duty, sounds just like yours. I think there are some pictures of it in this thread that I started when I bought my Satoh Buck a couple years ago.
The Phone number for Art's Way is: 712-864-3131, Parts department is extension 227. They don't have every part, but I know they had blades for me, which actually were priced pretty good. I wonder if there was some partnership with Satoh and Rotec.

Yeah the Rotech Master is extremely heavy duty, I hit rocks with it all the time. Mine is only 4 feet wide, probably best for the beaver, you have the buck. I have 3 acres to mow, on a field that 5 years ago was old growth woods, so I'm still dealing with rocks popping up and small hills and gullies. The 3 acres has never been farmed, it has always been woods, so still gets small trees coming up from roots, all sorts of weird plants and weeds pop up. The little beaver handles it like a real ag tractor, its way more heavy duty than a lawn tractor, which would be destroyed by this field. The beaver is just like a Kubota. And the fact that its diesel means its perfect for the job.

/ Satoh Beaver Implements #7  
OK I've had my Satoh Beaver 4x4 diesel with a 48 inch rear mower deck for 4 years, and have only been using it as a mower since I had a Case Dozer for heavy work, and a bigger Kubota for loader work. Since I sold them both all I have left is the Satoh, which I find myself suddenly getting into since it's all I've got now. Looking for plow for snow, or front end loader. I figure with a loader on the front I can take off the ballast I've been using since Satoh Beavers are real light in the front.

My question is, who has a front end loader they want to sell me? Or a plow? Don't everybody answer at once. I don't need any parts the Satoh Beaver is indestructible and I've been taking it for granted that it will never break.
I don't know if you're still out there, still have your Beaver, and/or are still looking. I've got a New In Box (though weathered) belly/bulldozer blade for the Beaver III that I used to own. It's never been assembled.