>>>>R2500 GIZMO ON COWL ????

/ >>>>R2500 GIZMO ON COWL ???? #1  

BearKiller

Silver Member
Located on the "instrument panel", cowl, whatever it's called, on the upper portion, right-hand side, is an about one-inch round dome-shaped metal gizmo with a series of holes, much like a salt-shaker lid.

What is this gizmo ??

Also, just below and a touch farther to the right is a chrome-ringed black push-button; I am assuming this is factory original; what is this button supposed to be ??

Thanks.:cool:

/ >>>>R2500 GIZMO ON COWL ????
Glow Plug indicator.

Is it supposed to light up or something ?? or maybe be a buzzer ??

I haven't noticed it do anything.

I am pretty sure the glow-plugs work, as the longer I hold them ON, the quicker/easier it starts.

Thanks.:cool:

/ >>>>R2500 GIZMO ON COWL ???? #4  
There is a small coiled wire in there that will glow red hot if you hold the glow plugs on long enough.

There is a small coiled wire in there that will glow red hot if you hold the glow plugs on long enough.

Hmmmmm........, I will have to check that out; I would have figured it to be a buzzer.

Of course, the wires under there may be hanging loose and it not even be connected, I will check that first.

Thanks so very much for the information.:)

/ >>>>R2500 GIZMO ON COWL ???? #6  
the salt shaker thing is most definitely a glow plug indicator.when it is red means the glow plugs are ready.if you look through the holes while heating the plugs you will c the filament glow.

the salt shaker thing is most definitely a glow plug indicator.when it is red means the glow plugs are ready.if you look through the holes while heating the plugs you will c the filament glow.

Thanks.

I have been watching for the glowing filament but ain't seen any action yet.

The glow-plugs themselves must work, though, as the longer I hold them on, the quicker she starts.:)

Glow Plug indicator.

It was getting dark and I needed to move the tractor.

I held the plugs on for a few seconds, maybe ten, while looking down into that salt-shaker gizmo.

In daylight, I hadn't seen any activity whatsoever, but this evening, at almost dark, I could see the little coil glowing red-hot.

If that salt-shaker wasn't in the way, it would make a dandy cigar lighter.:D

/ >>>>R2500 GIZMO ON COWL ???? #9  
ah haha yea right.