Silver Member

Default >>>>R2500 GIZMO ON COWL ????

Located on the "instrument panel", cowl, whatever it's called, on the upper portion, right-hand side, is an about one-inch round dome-shaped metal gizmo with a series of holes, much like a salt-shaker lid.

What is this gizmo ??

Also, just below and a touch farther to the right is a chrome-ringed black push-button; I am assuming this is factory original; what is this button supposed to be ??

Thanks.
    MITSUBISHI R2500

If you know anything at all about my tractor, please see my questions in the Mitsubishi section; thanks.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    09' Kubota b3200HST

Default Re: >>>>R2500 GIZMO ON COWL ????

Glow Plug indicator.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpace View Post
    Glow Plug indicator.

Is it supposed to light up or something ?? or maybe be a buzzer ??

I haven't noticed it do anything.

I am pretty sure the glow-plugs work, as the longer I hold them ON, the quicker/easier it starts.

Thanks.
    MITSUBISHI R2500

If you know anything at all about my tractor, please see my questions in the Mitsubishi section; thanks.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Satoh S-470D, Mitubishi FD 1450D

There is a small coiled wire in there that will glow red hot if you hold the glow plugs on long enough.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by oliver28472 View Post
    There is a small coiled wire in there that will glow red hot if you hold the glow plugs on long enough.

Hmmmmm........, I will have to check that out; I would have figured it to be a buzzer.

Of course, the wires under there may be hanging loose and it not even be connected, I will check that first.

Thanks so very much for the information.
    MITSUBISHI R2500

Gold Member

the salt shaker thing is most definitely a glow plug indicator.when it is red means the glow plugs are ready.if you look through the holes while heating the plugs you will c the filament glow.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by mit View Post
    the salt shaker thing is most definitely a glow plug indicator.when it is red means the glow plugs are ready.if you look through the holes while heating the plugs you will c the filament glow.

Thanks.

I have been watching for the glowing filament but ain't seen any action yet.

The glow-plugs themselves must work, though, as the longer I hold them on, the quicker she starts.
    MITSUBISHI R2500

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpace View Post
    Glow Plug indicator.
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver28472 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mit View Post

It was getting dark and I needed to move the tractor.

I held the plugs on for a few seconds, maybe ten, while looking down into that salt-shaker gizmo.

In daylight, I hadn't seen any activity whatsoever, but this evening, at almost dark, I could see the little coil glowing red-hot.

If that salt-shaker wasn't in the way, it would make a dandy cigar lighter.
    MITSUBISHI R2500

Gold Member

ah haha yea right.