Need a high/low selector lever for a M21D

/ Need a high/low selector lever for a M21D #1  

peimitsu

Tractor
Mitsubishi M21D
The high /low selector lever broke the pin off internally on my tractor! Has anybody repaired their old one or replaced it? Where would one go to find such a part?

/ Need a high/low selector lever for a M21D #2  
Same happened on my MT180D, 2/4 WD selector.

I punched out the old roll pin and pressed a new one in place.
Was not all that bad a fix to do other than the pin was on the shaft and it was #*#* cold outside (-25).

Most auto parts will stock roll pins.
Probably metric and you'll need to ream the hole a tad press the new one in if you can't locate a metric one.

To install my pin I used a short length of 1/2 inch rod that I drilled an appropriate loose hole in the end into which I inserted the roll pin and used this as a holder to position the pin and then simply drove it into place.

Good luck!

/ Need a high/low selector lever for a M21D
Okay, that is what I thought would be the quickest fix. Mine has a pin welded in place, so it might have been fixed before.

/ Need a high/low selector lever for a M21D #4  
Okay, that is what I thought would be the quickest fix. Mine has a pin welded in place, so it might have been fixed before.
Try drilling out the broken pin followed by a replacement.

Using a magnet placed nearby should catch any chips, or again maybe a glob of greese to catch chips. (I presume you can't remouve easily the shaft)

I would not prefer to weld in place as the heat would likely cause the pin to be more brittle.
If you do weld, just the slightest 'tack' on the offside simply to prevent movement would suffice.

Good luck!

/ Need a high/low selector lever for a M21D
We have the tractor apart and the assembly is out, so fixing the pin is the easy part, taking it apart is time consuming.