Satoh Beaver Plow??

/ Satoh Beaver Plow?? #1  

tnhomestead

Bronze Member
Tractor
Satoh Beaver
Anyone ever pull a small single bottom plow or subsoiler with a beaver? If so how did it work? WAnt to plow a garden, soil is rocky and hard, tried a rototiller, need toget the soil loosened upfirst!
Thnx
Greg

/ Satoh Beaver Plow?? #2  
I have a Beaver II and I'm in the process of setting up a single-bottom plow for turning sod on an old field (probably hasn't been plowed in 50+years. I ran a couple of test passes but I'm having problems getting the sod to turn over so I still have some adjustment to do. My 3pt is missing the sway chains and the plow isn't tracking straight. Also my turf tires aren't proving the best for traction (fronts are virtually bald) so I think I'm going to try some chains. Fortunately power doesn't seem to be an issue.

I hope to add the sway chains this weekend and make a few more passes. I'll let you know how it turns out.

/ Satoh Beaver Plow??
Hope it works out good, let me know! Dont forget some pictures!

/ Satoh Beaver Plow?? #4  
I added the sway chains but didn't get to the plowing, too busy skidding logs. Hopefully I can get out again next weekend.

/ Satoh Beaver Plow?? #5  
Anyone ever pull a small single bottom plow or subsoiler with a beaver? If so how did it work? WAnt to plow a garden, soil is rocky and hard, tried a rototiller, need toget the soil loosened upfirst!
Thnx
Greg
Used to do this all the time when I was a kid. Brinley Cat0 single bottom. Only limiting factor seemed to be traction when pulling thorugh rock infested clay based soil.

Still have it but have not used the plow in many years. One of these days I'll sand blast it and try to sell it.

/ Satoh Beaver Plow?? #6  
Sway chains are finally installed and the wheel chains (tractortirechains.com) are awaiting pickup. I'll hopefully get down to plowing real soon (if the weather holds up that is). We've had a bit of snow but the ground hasn't frozen yet.

/ Satoh Beaver Plow?? #7  
Chains will help quite a bit. one of the tractors we used to plow with was a 2wd Case 442 with turf tires. It did pretty well with chains. Never even put weight on the front for some odd reason. Beaver had a loader so it was in better shape.

/ Satoh Beaver Plow??
Got a cat 0 plow for a sears tractor, going to try to modify it tofit the cat 1 when I get home for christmas,or try for a brinley. Cant wait to see how it works out frostbite!

/ Satoh Beaver Plow?? #9  
More snow here :(. I think my sod plowing window has closed until Spring.

Where's my snow plow.....

/ Satoh Beaver Plow??
I will be home for Christmas, I hope, and modify the sears plow and see what happens! Will send some pics of me in shorts -- dont need no snow in TN!
LOL
Greg