Satoh S370 Clutch Problem

/ Satoh S370 Clutch Problem #1  

b'stractor

Tractor
Satoh S370
Hope someone can help me with my problem.

Earlier in the year my clutch stuck and I was able to get it to break loose by pushing in the clutch and hitting the brakes. Seemed the clutch was stuck to the flywheel. A few months later it happened again and I was never able to break it loose.

Since then, I have split the tractor and replaced the clutch and pressure plate and I still have the same problem. I have had the tractor apart numerous times. The new clutch has never been stuck to the flywheel. I have adjusted the linkage in every postion possible and the clutch still will not disengage.

Does anyone have any advice as I am at a loss? :confused:

/ Satoh S370 Clutch Problem #2  
I had the same problem to occur twice on my Satoh Beaver. First time, I split the tractor and easily peeled the cluth from the flywheel. Second time I broke the transmission jabbing the brake with the clutch depressed. When I pulled the tractor apart, the clutch again peeled easily fromt he transmission. Second time I made sure I sealed between the transmission and the bell housing. Never had the problem again. Over winter, I would put a board between the steering wheel and clutch pedal.

I have had car brake shoes to stick to drums when the parking brake was left on for months. My personal old car, I had to slam it from forward to reverse to brake the shoes loose fromt the drums.

Just be careful jabbing brakes. If mine sticks again, I will make an opening in the bellhousing with a saw or other means to make a hole to poke a screwdriver through to pry the clutch disk back. On the other hand that may not happen because mine is broken due to loaning out.

/ Satoh S370 Clutch Problem #3  
A lot of these tractors have a latch that you can hook to clutch linkage when the pedal is depressed, holding the pedal down. This is to prevent your sticking problem.

/ Satoh S370 Clutch Problem
Thank you for your replies.

Every time I have taken the tractor back apart and loosen the bolts on the pressure plate the clutch plate slides freely leads me to think the clutch is not sticking, but I may have a linkage problem.

I have noticed there is wear on the clutch fork where the fork makes contact with the throwout bearing yoke. I am curious how much wear is acceptable or if there may be an issue with the shaft the clutch fork is attached to?