Satoh Beaver Front End Loader

/ Satoh Beaver Front End Loader #1  

dodgeram945

Tractor
International 3500A, Case 580CK, Satoh Beaver
Does anyone know how to hook a FEL to a Satoh Beaver? I am thinking about building a loader for it but I am not sure where to put a mounting bracket on the frame. Also was wondering if the hydraulic pump on the tractor would be big enough to run a loader? Does anyone have pictures of a Beaver with a FEL?Thanks

/ Satoh Beaver Front End Loader #2  
I,ve got one with a FEL, I'll try and get some pics for you.

/ Satoh Beaver Front End Loader #3  
The pump on ours is sufficient to power the loader. It's attached with multiple brackets. I was informed that it's leaking at the connection for the loader so if my brain works, I'll snap a few pictures of it while I'm examining it.

I believe ours was built by a company called BlackHawk. Could probably be easily duplicated by somebody with welding skills and a bit of time. Nothing about it is really complicated.

/ Satoh Beaver Front End Loader
I would really like to see some pics of your tractors and FELs. I'm thinking I should be able to build one hopefully. I built an outdoor wood boiler for my last project and that sure did save some money on the heat bill this winter. I'm hoping I have the ability to build a FEL. I appreciate your replies. Thanks

/ Satoh Beaver Front End Loader #5  
Beaver from the front
0_IMAGE_084.jpg

It attaches to the front of the tractor

IMAGE_085.jpg

Upright, you can see the lower portion of the frame as well as the valve for the auxiliary hydraulics. The quick connects are used to power our log splitter. Works fairly well. I did not take pictures of the two spool valve for controlling the loader, it's on the other side.

IMAGE_086.jpg

Better view of the frame down low. Note there is a section of the frame that runs to the rear of the tractor. The bracket for the 3ph has two bolt holes that aren't used (at least ours does). the loader frame attaches there. You can also see the forward section of the backhoe mount where it attaches to the loader.

IMAGE_087.jpg

You can see in this picture where the loader frame attaches at the engine. You can also see that I've had to plate the frame there. Kind of broke it while hurrying with a load.

IMAGE_088.jpg

The plumbing attaches under the seat. Unsure how you'd duplicate that block, I'm certain it is not factory. I also need to clean the machine. Bit of a mess. :D

IMAGE_089.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like a nice tractor and FEL setup. Now I think I'll see about finding materials to try to build one. Hopefully it ends up looking like yours.

/ Satoh Beaver Front End Loader #7  
Building something like that is probably beyond my skills, very glad I did not have to. Found a picture of the right side from when I was doing some clean up with the grapple.

Projects002sm.jpg

Projects001sm.jpg

That tractor looks great with a backhoe and FEL. Thanks again for the pics.

/ Satoh Beaver Front End Loader #9  
how did you make that stack for your beaver? I've been thinking about making one for mine.

/ Satoh Beaver Front End Loader #10  
I cut the original pipes off a couple inches ffrom the cylinder head (did not remove since I don't have gaskets). Two pre-bent sections of exhaust tubing, a down-sizing coupler, a cheap muffler and a flapper I cut off the stack my dad made many years before (and tacked onto the original muffler. Bent tubes connect and the coupler (squished to fit) becomes a collector. The muffler is welded on top. My Beaver basically has a header on it. Works well with two exceptions. First, when you fire it up cold, there is a small puff of black exhaust from a small pin-hole in the collector; haven't bothered to find and fix it. The second issue is the muffler. If you build one, do NOT use either a glass pack or a really cheap glass-pack shaped turbo. This thing is waaaay too loud. Thought of putting a different muffler on there if I can find one that is sufficiently quiet. When I'm over there again if I think of it, I'll post a couple pictures. I'm pretty sure I never took any when building it some years ago. Pre-camera phone days and all.