Oil & Fuel MT 372

/ MT 372 #1  

lndfaust

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT372
Can ayone tell me how much oil the transmission / hydraulics take? The sticker on the fuel tank is worn and unreadable. What happens if you overfill. Larry

/ MT 372
Thanks for your reply oliver28472, Do you think overfilling could be the cause of my problem with hard to get in gear when running? I just changed thr gear oil out and replaced with universal tractor fluid.-- filled it up pretty good. About an inch from filler plug. Larry

/ MT 372 #4  
Thanks for your reply oliver28472, Do you think overfilling could be the cause of my problem with hard to get in gear when running? I just changed thr gear oil out and replaced with universal tractor fluid.-- filled it up pretty good. About an inch from filler plug. Larry

More likely a clutch adjustment problem or worse a clutch problem. If the engine is running and you have to grind the gears to get them to engage the clutch is not fully disengaging. Though on a geared transmission like my old
IH 424 if the gears stopped with the gear teeth stopped directly on top of each other you would have to hold a little pressure on the gear shift and let out on the clutch a little to spin the gear a little. Give some more detail of the problem and see if we can offer anything else.

/ MT 372 #5  
Was it grinding before you added the oil? I agree with dex3361 on the clutch adjustment.

/ MT 372
Split tractor today. Looks like pressure plate is falling apart. Throwout bearing so so. Gonna change the whole shebang while I got it apart. Larry