Mitsubishi MT372 starting problems

/ Mitsubishi MT372 starting problems #1  

dvance73

I need help I cannot get the tractor to fire, it will turn over and I can get a very small amount of grey or white smoke to puff barely out of the muffler after trying and trying several times to get the tractor to fire. It started it about 6-7 months ago after running for a good solid day then the next week it wouldn't start so it has sit there for 6 months now, and now I've got to return it to my father's house. I need any ideas.

/ Mitsubishi MT372 starting problems #2  
If you are getting that puff of smoke you are probably getting fuel. Did you use the glow plugs? Is the battery fully charged? Don't use ether.

/ Mitsubishi MT372 starting problems
glow plugs? I turn the switch, I hook it up to the truck with jumper cables to not run the battery low, I preheat the fuel, or I turn it over to heat first and wait for the little wire to burn red then I crank it and I don't get fire. I know this sounds elementary but I'm a novice at this.

/ Mitsubishi MT372 starting problems #4  
Turn the keyswitch CCW to activate the preheat. Leave it there until the wire glows red. Move the throttle lever to full open. Turn the engine over, when it fires, move the throttle lever down to a fast idle (1200 rpm) and leave it there until the tractor warms up.

Yeah I am aware of how to start it, I have used it for 7 years just thought I might be missing something. I do all that and I can't get it to fire. Still, any ideas?

/ Mitsubishi MT372 starting problems #6  
1. add some diesel fuel additive to the fuel in the tank.
2.warm the engine with a block heater.
3.make sure the battery is strong to generate maximum rpm.use boost .
4.proceed to start as usual.
5.give it a 3-5 minutes pause between start attemps.
6.when you start to smoke.let the battery charge for a while.preheat the glow wire for a little longer than usual.crank it up.
7.let it crank for about a minute .rest for 5.
8.if this fails .change fuel with fresh fuel,fuel filter, bleed fuel and try again.
9.diesels engines likes to be warm,likes to be cranked at high rpm to start.it can gel up in the filter,make sure the trottle is all the way down to the start position.

/ Mitsubishi MT372 starting problems #7  
At the risk of sounding like a dumb question, was the valve turned off at the sediment bowl when it was parked months ago? You might try bleeding the fuel system.

Newest update on tractor problem, I have drained fuel line, put new diesel in tank, cracked injector to make sure fuel was flowing, and still not starting. I am not a diesel mechanic but it sounds like its not getting fire. What can I do. Plus the Glow plug seems to be working fine when I preheat.

/ Mitsubishi MT372 starting problems #9  
When you bled it did you start at the filter?

/ Mitsubishi MT372 starting problems #10  
how warm is the temperature where the tractor is? what additive did you use?how fast is the engine spinning with the starter?how long did you heat the glow plugs?
maybe its time you get a mechanic.