Oil & Fuel Satoh S470D Problem

/ Satoh S470D Problem #1  

BRIAN0WENDY

I just bought this tractor, I charged the battery a little and it started right up. After several passes in the yard, it just died (sorta like running out of gas). I was thinking the injector pumps may need to be cleaned out. Do you think? Any other things I should look for? :confused:

/ Satoh S470D Problem #2  
Don't touch the pump. For the most part they are not for the regular guy to mess with. You probably do have a stopped filter, out of fuel, something like that. Do you know how to bleed the fuel system? NAPA fuel filter number is 3264. Air filter is 6270 and the oil filter is 1334. My dad bought a new 470 years ago. It's mine now. Welcome to TBN!

Last edited:
   / Satoh S470D Problem
Thanks for the filter numbers, I will head to Napa tomorrow. No I don't know how to bleed the line. But I have already taken the fuel line loose. Do you know where exactly the injectors are located? Do you know anywhere online I might be able to find some kind of manual? I'm a pretty handy guy with machines but this one has me stumped...

/ Satoh S470D Problem #4  
Satoh Parts
try this link .it may help you finding the bleed screws.

/ Satoh S470D Problem #5  
Looking at the picture Mit put up, you see two bleed screws on the filter assembly and one on the pump. After you put the new filter in, open each screw one at a time and let fuel flow until there are no air bubbles. Close the screw and do the next one. Do all three,following the flow of fuel. Don't worry about the injectors yet because you probably won't need to bleed them. I never have. Let us know how it goes. There are several good vendors who post here that can supply manuals and parts.