370d clutch

/ 370d clutch #1  

treecutter

Tractor
Satoh/Mits 370D
I need a little help.
After starting my 370d, I was hold down the cluch and I have a squealing noise coming from the clutch. If I let the clutch out (in neutral) the noise goes away, however, any movement on the clutch pedal at all the noise comes back. What might be the problem?:confused:
Thanks

/ 370d clutch
I should have added that the clutch seems to be working fine. Could the problem be in a throw out bearing going bad and the clutch disc still ok?
I really don't want to split this tractor. Hoping for a easy fix.
Thanks

/ 370d clutch #3  
Unless your issue is an external adjustment, you'll have to split it. I'm pretty sure I have a failing throwout bearing on my Beaver and I've put off fixing it because I don't have time to split the machine. Guess it helps that it's not my primary tractor anymore.

/ 370d clutch
I was just wondering how long you have run your tractor with the bad throwout bearing? Like you I don't have the time to split the tractor now (winter project), but I don't want to do any more damage to the tractor.

Just to double check, since the noise changes with the movement of the clutch pedal I guess it would not be anything else, correct?

/ 370d clutch #5  
My guess is that you are correct, the problem is the clutch. But do not take my word for it.

I've had the issue for a number of years, since i don't use the tractor every day or even every week it's not as much of an issue. One of these days I'll split it and fixt that and a number of other issues. I have a fear of "while it's apart, why don't I do....". It's a dangerous cycle that resulted in my beloved Jeep CJ being in pieces for going on 9 years now. :D

/ 370d clutch
I have an other question? If you let the clutch out and idle the tractor way down you can here the squealing noise. It gets louder if you move the clutch pedal, but makes the noise all the time. You just have to reduce the engine noise to hear it. Now i'm puzzled? Would this still be the throwout bearing? Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think the throwout bearing spun when the clutch was out?

Thanks for all the help.