New member with Satoh S650g Bison

/ New member with Satoh S650g Bison #1  

bbutcher

Tractor
Satoh S650G
Hello all,
I live in Colorado, on a two acre property. I am a retired electrical engineer and enjoy all sorts of DIY projects. I purchased a Satoh S650G "Bison" tractor used a couple of years ago. The tractor came with a front end loader (FEL) and several 3 point attachments. I since have added a couple more, and now own a Brush Hog rotary mower, a box blade, a post hole digger, a spring tooth harrow, and a Kelly B750 backhoe attachment. The tractor has paid for itself already with some of my projects, especially when I dug up and replaced the sewer line from my house to the septic tank, which was clogged with roots.

The tractor does not have power steering, which sometimes becomes a problem, especially when I have a heavy load in the FEL. The FEL is capable of lifting close to 1000 pounds, and the rear wheels become very light at maximum lifting capability. On the other hand, when I attach the backhoe, which weighs about 600 lbs., the front end becomes very light, and the tractor will "wheelie" when starting uphill. This can make for interesting steering problems, requiring use of the brakes for steering control and caution moving uphill.

Attachments

• backhoe4 web.jpg
    backhoe4 web.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 1,602
   / New member with Satoh S650g Bison #2  
Hello bbutcher, welcome to TBN! Glad to see you posting. Hope you enjoy being a member of our community. :)