Mitsu D2350 Hydralic pump

/ Mitsu D2350 Hydralic pump #1  

wayne2342

Traded for a Mitsu D2350 with K4C, 1.200 L engine. Cranked tractor B/4 trade and noticed it smoaked some which owner blamed on using off road fuel he was given. Due to wreck on way to pick up tractor, it sat outside for about three weeks befor bringing home. B/4 unloading, noticed crankcase oil comming out dip stick opening so rolled off trailer w/o cranking and drained oil. About 3 gallons drained out w/ no appearance of water. Read a post that a blown hydralic pump seal would pump Hy-trans oil into engine. Checked transmission and oil was very low. The previous owner told me the smaller hydralic line leaked where it rubbed something near the axle and was repaired by cutting and putting in a pressure coupling. My questions are: can I replace the seal on the hydralic pump or do I need to replace the pump and where is a good place to get parts? Is there anything else I need to do? Is the repair to the high pressure hydralic line OK or did it play a part in the pump seal failure? Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited:
   / Mitsu D2350 Hydralic pump
Does anybody have a D2350 or D2050? I am beginnig to suspect they are somewhat rare on this site!

/ Mitsu D2350 Hydralic pump #3  
You can replace shaft seals on gear pumps but be aware you'll probably be looking into a new pump as 50% of gear pump shaft failures are due to internal wear on pump parts....Some seal kits are not avail so let you fingers do the walking on research.....

Also be prepared to do a complete oil change/filter/suction screen & reservoir cleanout if pump is removed/repaired or replaced.....

Doing the proper house cleaning will prevent further problems if contaminated oil is present........Especially if you don't know the history of this unit....

Hope this helps....

/ Mitsu D2350 Hydralic pump #4  
If the shaft seal is blown , the inner seals are bad, which are not available. You'll probably need a new or used pump.

/ Mitsu D2350 Hydralic pump #5  
the inner seals are bad, which are not available. You'll probably need a new or used pump.

There is very little inner seals inside a gear pump......the gears, bearings (bushings) and housing is what wears.....in order to rebuild a gear pump that does not perform you'd have to replace all the mechanical moving parts internally........JUNK..!!

/ Mitsu D2350 Hydralic pump
Thanks to wdchyd and lens12 for info. Makes sense and I will replace the pump and change fluids as well as clean systems.