Tractor Seat Recovering

/ Tractor Seat Recovering #1  

Steve777

Bronze Member
After many years (16+) the seat on my Buck tractor finally has worn and aged down the foam. I could buy another seat, but that would seem seem to be a waste as the steel part of the seat is in fine shape still. I would have thought someone out there must make a recovering kit for these and similar tractors; new foam and vinyl covering that you can just slip over the existing steel. But I have not found any such thing.

What do people here do when it's time for a new seat cushion? Just buy a whole new seat? Options?

(BTW, if it makes any difference,I expect the seat I now have is a Kubota one, as it was put on by a Kubota dealership)

TIA

/ Tractor Seat Recovering #2  
No one makes a seat recovering kit and Mitsubishi's cover and pad cost more than the aftermarket seat I can supply. This aftermarket seat also has a higher back and is more comfortable than the original. Bill - satohparts.com 1-800-609-5110

/ Tractor Seat Recovering #3  
I have bought an aftermarket seat at agri supply for the Buck and another at tractor supply for the 1450. Different seats but like Bill said, they are better than the original.