MT372 Accessories and Capabilities

/ MT372 Accessories and Capabilities #1  

tcnjdeluca

I am considering purchasing a used Mitsubishi MT372 for a home I will soon be closing on. I have found one that claims to garage kept with 418 hours and 3 point hitch mower included for $2500.

The property I hope to maintain is 4.5 acres with a long private drive. In addition to mowing I was hoping to get a tractor that could help out with snow removal as well. I am new to tractors in general am looking for a little guidance.

In general do you feel that the Mitsubishi is a good choice for these tasks? Would it be possible to find a plow to use with the MT372?

Thanks for your help.

Dan

/ MT372 Accessories and Capabilities #2  
Welcome Dan.
The Mt372 is a far better choice then a Sears mower, but they are old and parts can be expensive. I have a 4 wheel drive model and I love it. 15HP may be a little small for 4.5 acres though. They can be very difficult to start in the winter! It would need a block heater. If this one is 2 wheel drive, you will need chains. I don't know what type of mower you plan to get but the belly mowers are obsolite. read 3-point mower can be akward. The plow would probably be a rear blade and any farm store sells them. $2500 may be a little high for a 2 wheel drive with no implements.
Read this forum a little. There is a ton of information. I never worry about finding parts for it, just the cost. So far I have not needed many parts. Not bad for a 30 year old tractor I've owned for 10 years.

Last edited:
   / MT372 Accessories and Capabilities #3  
I have a Satoh S370, which is pretty much the same as the MT372 but a few years older. I don't do any mowing with mine, it's sole purpose is to grade and maintain a gravel drive in the summer and plow it in the winter. Mine was fitted with a front plow and I do plan to add a rear blade at some point. As far as I can tell, the plow on mine is a Satoh model but the lift frame was fabricated and it uses an old Meyer ElectroLift instead of the tractor hydraulics.

If you want a front mounted plow, it would have to be fabricated to some extent. If you're handy and have access to a welder, or a friend who's handy and has a welder, it wouldn't be too hard. My S370 does a great job in the snow. It's fitted with turf tires w/chains and wheel weights. The drive goes up hill and the tractor handles it fine.

It will need a block heater. That 2 cylinder diesel does not like cold starts. I run the heater for about an hour before I'm ready to plow then hold the glow plugs for at least 30 seconds. It'll start without the heater down to the mid-30s.

John

Last edited:
   / MT372 Accessories and Capabilities
Thanks for the great info. It is a shame that there is not an easier plow solution. I am not much of a metal fabricator and it seems to me that a rear blade would not be of much use in more then just a couple inches of snow with a small tractor like this.

Who knew buying a small tractor could be so hard