Looking for a Beaver Starter Solenoid

/ Looking for a Beaver Starter Solenoid #1  

modifyit

Bronze Member
Tractor
Satoh Beaver 2 wheel drive
I am attempting to rebuild a starter solenoid for my Beaver. (Too much time on my hands). I disassembled the thing and threaded the outer case then made a screw on end piece to hold it together when rewound. Problem is, this thing was fried inside and I don't know how much winding is in there and where all the ends connect. I got it close, but something is wrong with the way the coils are connected to the end of the assembly. It uses two separate windings of different gauge wire and I don't know where the 4 ends connect in relation to one another. So if someone has a burned out old solenoid lying around, maybe that would point me in the right direction.
I don't know if any of the other Satoh models use the same solenoid, but there is a good chance they are all wired similarly.
Can anyone help out here?

Thanks

/ Looking for a Beaver Starter Solenoid
I am attempting to rebuild a starter solenoid for my Beaver. (Too much time on my hands). I disassembled the thing and threaded the outer case then made a screw on end piece to hold it together when rewound. Problem is, this thing was fried inside and I don't know how much winding is in there and where all the ends connect. I got it close, but something is wrong with the way the coils are connected to the end of the assembly. It uses two separate windings of different gauge wire and I don't know where the 4 ends connect in relation to one another. So if someone has a burned out old solenoid lying around, maybe that would point me in the right direction.
I don't know if any of the other Satoh models use the same solenoid, but there is a good chance they are all wired similarly.
Can anyone help out here?

Thanks

Found a starter solenoid at Rock Auto.com on closeout for $20.00. Thought I could rip into it and figure out the internal wiring. However, since the thing fit almost perfectly on my starter, I installed it and only had to rotate it slightly to line up the threaded attachment holes. The lead coming from the starter was long enough to connect to the bottom terminal. Works like new. The solenoid was listed for a 1985 Mitsubishi Mighty Max 2.3L engine. L-4. diesel.
So, in a pinch, that one could probably be found locally at most auto parts stores.