Clutch question

/ Clutch question #1  

lndfaust

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT372
After clearing snow with my MT372 with loader, after about 45 minutes of forward and reverse the clutch stops working and it seems to be sticking. After letting it sit overnight in a heated garage, the clutch works fine for another 45 minuites then starts sticking again. When you push pedal in it stays in. Pedal feels loose. Then clutch engages by itself with a bang. Could clutch plate be sticking on shaft? Brand new clutch kit from Valley Power has about 40 hrs. on it. Any ideas guys? Larry

/ Clutch question #2  
My guess is that the splines have some rust on them. You'll have to split again and clean them up and put some anti-seize on there.

/ Clutch question
I was afraid someone would suggest that. UGGH But I dont understand why it works fine for a while then starts acting up. Then put in heated garage for night and works fine for about 45 minitues next day before sticking again. When I put clutch in I sealed all areas around bell housing and inspection plate when reinstalled to prevent the dredded "sticking of clutch to flywheel". I always park with clutch disengage tab in place. Can the shaft be lubed from the inspection plate without splitting the tractor?
I would like to post a picture of my Mitsu but I havent figured how to do it yet. Would rather not split it till spring. Gotta clean the driveway and access to my sawmill about twice a week lately. thanks for the info, Larry

/ Clutch question #4  
How did you seal it? I've been wrong before but I think it might need to breathe a little. I'll try to look at one of mine tomorrow.

/ Clutch question #5  
Mine has no gasket, but is plenty sealed around the top.
The bottom looks like it would allow liquid to seep out though.
Clutches need to stay dry to operate, so sealing the bottom could be good or bad, I guess, lol
Sorry, I am little help.
:eek:

/ Clutch question #6  
If you need a clutch, we can probably get one for the MT372.