Buying Advice Mitsubishi d1800

/ Mitsubishi d1800 #1  

double hunter

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1715
I am looking at buying a Mitsubishi D1800, I have no experience with a Mitsubishi tractor and would like some advice/info on this tractor, I am told this is a "grey mkt" tractor, it is a 2wd with a front end loader, it looks to be in very good cond, cranks and runs good, been garaged kept so paint is good, the owner used it to grade about a half mile driveway and he has since moved to town, he is asking $3k but I think I can get it for $2800.00, is this tractor made by Mitsubishi or someone else, does Mitsubishi make other brands, are parts avail., is this price good or high, any info appreciated.

/ Mitsubishi d1800 #2  
How are the hours on it high or low,and how long did the former owner have it.Pictures would help with the value and if the previous owner put a few hundred hours on without problems.The price seems good and parts are available you just need to order them from places like sheaffers and valley power.

/ Mitsubishi d1800
The man who owns it now bought it from a dealer who deals in these tractors, the hours are low, the owner only used it to work about a half mile of drive way, did not plow or use it for mowing, the only implement he has is a box blade, I don't think he has used the fel at all,l don't have any pictures but it looks good, having been garaged all the time, are these tractors refurbished and then shipped here or are the refurbished after import, it needs a battery as it hasn't been used enough lately to keep it charged, going to meet him tomorrow and try and work out a deal. Just hate to buy something I don't know anything about, thanks Bob

/ Mitsubishi d1800
Well, I am the proud owner of a Mitsubishi, it seems like a good machine, 1291 hours on the meter, cranks and runs good, allthe functions work ok, the loader is new, it has 20 hrs. on it, thats how many the previous owner put on it, practically new 4' boxblade with teeth, gave 2500.00, I think I got a fairly good deal.

/ Mitsubishi d1800 #5  
Congratulations looks like you got a good deal with the frontend loader and box blade.With that many hours it dosen't look like the clock was turned back.What kind of loader is on it that might help to i d it.Price wise i am jealous i paid twice as much and no box blade.So far i have had some issues with mine ignition switch,thermostat,small hydraulic leaks. 3 ponit is stuck in 1st.That will be a spring job.But all in the mitsubishi is a strong little tractor saved me a lot of work so far this winter and will save my back come spring.You will come to love the loader for all the work it saves you.If you need manules try sheaffers tractors len is a very nice and helpful person.He has helped me out with questions and spent time on the phone my local dealers would not.Good luck and enjoy.Ps post some pics i'd like to see it.

/ Mitsubishi d1800
Bulldog 285 loader. the loader was put on approx 20 hrs ago, looks real good, tried to post a picture, not sure how to do this.