Price Check Satoh Beaver III (S373D)

/ Satoh Beaver III (S373D) #1  

IanCA

Tractor
None yet
Hi everybody,

I am looking at purchasing a Satoh Bever III (S373D, 4WD with diff. lock) in excelent condition with 640 hours. Seller says that $3,500 is the lowest price they will take for the tractor with no implements. Seems a little on the high side to me but wanted to get some other opinions.

/ Satoh Beaver III (S373D) #2  
I'm no expert, but it does seem a little high to me too. I have an MT372D (2 cyl), that I paid $3000 for 10 years ago with a Woods belly mower. I think the S373D is 3 cylinder. Great tractors but parts are pricey if you ever need any.

/ Satoh Beaver III (S373D) #3  
That does seem high. I bought my S370 Beaver last year (slightly older model w/2 cyl. diesel) fitted with a snow plow for $1800. That included delivery from a little over 100 miles away. And the seller delivered it the next day, Sunday. The 4wd does add to the value, but I'm not sure I could see putting out $3500 for a 1980-something model year tractor.
John

/ Satoh Beaver III (S373D) #4  
I paid that in 96 for the grey version, a 1450 with 4wd. I still have it and use it only for mowing. It has been a good tractor, worth what I paid back then. If the 373 is in good shape, you won't find anything else as good for the same price.

/ Satoh Beaver III (S373D)
Thanks for the input guys. I decided to go with a Yanmar instead. Although parts are available for Satoh, Yanmar seems to have better availability.

/ Satoh Beaver III (S373D) #6  
What model Yanmar did you buy?

/ Satoh Beaver III (S373D) #7  
Hi everybody,

I am looking at purchasing a Satoh Bever III (S373D, 4WD with diff. lock) in excelent condition with 640 hours. Seller says that $3,500 is the lowest price they will take for the tractor with no implements. Seems a little on the high side to me but wanted to get some other opinions.

I have a 373d, 4x4 diesel with factory front losder by Blackhawk and factory 6.5 foot backhoe. 1300 hours. All otiginal except some hydrslic lines, tires and starter. Awesome machine. I am thinking about selling to get a bigger machine. Anyone got a guess on value?