satoh s650g fire to plugs, still wont start

/ satoh s650g fire to plugs, still wont start #1  

twistedgfarm

Tractor
satoh s650g
hello, got a 650g a week ago, new coil, conds, wires, plugs, points, now i got fire to plugs, thought she would start, nothing, sprayed starting fluid down carb, nothing, thought wires were crossed, but if you do cross them, i get backfire, put them right and nothing, compression is good, tomarrow i will pull valve cover off to see if valves are stuck, and if timing chain is working, what else am i missing, the guy parked it because of stuck clutch, and a year later tried to start and nothing, so he sold it to me, help please thanks

/ satoh s650g fire to plugs, still wont start #2  
you got spark,gas and compression.the only thing else is the timing.if the distributer is not installed correctly you could have this problem.you have to turn the engine to line up the timing marks to 10 degrees before tdc. At this point the points will just begin to open and the plug fire.at this position you have to have the destributor rotor point to the number 1 cylinder wire.the firing order should be 1,3,4,2. take your time and check this out you will find the problem and get it to work.

/ satoh s650g fire to plugs, still wont start
thank you i will try it

/ satoh s650g fire to plugs, still wont start #4  
you might want to do a compression and leak down test to verify how much compression you have. This is a relatively easy procedure and will start your diagnostics off right. If you have good ,EVEN compression,with the key word here being even,then an engine with low compression will still run, just not as good as one with higher compression. However,if you have 1 or 2 cylinders low,with the others higher,that would indicate an internal problem,from misadjusted valves to blown head gasket to broke rings or any combo, but that would be my first step to start with. These are just my 2 cents worth on this subject,and you can do with them as you please, but keep us posted on what you find so as to help others with your experiences. thanks

/ satoh s650g fire to plugs, still wont start #5  
SORRY TO BUTTE IN HERE BUT I CAN NOT FIGURE HOW TO START A NEW POST i have the exact opposite i just replaced a blown head gasker remilled head tractor was running fine until i ran it to hot. i now have new head gasket and milled head replaced and turns over fine no fire from coil or out of distributor. i replaced coil ,points condensor no luck. i have 12 volts at
+ side of coil with key on also when cranking i get voltage to the wire coming from - on coil to outside wire hook up on distributor. have no idea where to go from here. coil mentions needs to have external resistor can nbot find this resisitor but wonder if it matters since i have the 12 volts at coil at keyed on position. seems like if there was a senso\r or safety switch it would not tur n over and would not have the 12v to coil any suggestions thanks mike 650G satoh

/ satoh s650g fire to plugs, still wont start #6  
seems that your points is not closing or getting a proper ground. maybe the adjustment is off.if the points opens at 10 degrees to tdc you should have spark.if the points is constantly open you will have 12 v at the - of the coil all the time and no spark.
try adjust the points so they close shut. then turn the engine to 10 degrees to top dead center.now adjust the points to 10 thou gap. then crank the engine and check for spark.