Satoh Buck S470 New Owner

/ Satoh Buck S470 New Owner
So I have a dumb question.. are these CAT 0 or CAT 1..? I know nothing really.. lol

They are Cat 1. However the previous owner of my tractor had an implement with a Cat 0 pin set and was trying not to have to convert it because the pins were seized by rust and he couldn't get them unscrewed. First thing I did when I got it home was to buy Cat 1 pins and top link and make everything the same, by torching off the rusted pins..

/ Satoh Buck S470 New Owner #12  
Hey I took off my starter motor a week or two ago and I'm now unsure how the cables reconnect duh! Can anyone take a look and let me know ? The two big threads on the solenoid , one connects direct to the starter, the other - does it take both the direct battery feed and the "other wire" ? i.e both on same thread ? I think it does but it's not clear on the wiring diagram - thanks - I'm having a few starting issues so I've just inspected the brushes - all good but can't open up the solenoid to check the main contacts - I'm assuming it's a non-maintainable unit - any thoughts ?

/ Satoh Buck S470 New Owner #13  
Greetings fella's . Does anyone know of a source for front ag lug tires in 5-12 size ...?

Thanks ,
Mike

/ Satoh Buck S470 New Owner #14  
just signed up to the forum, was looking for a fuel filter for my buck and once i found this place i couldnt stop reading. thanks for the great info.
got my buck, used of course, 10 years ago. it had 800 hours on it then and since, not sure as the hour meter went out at 1200 hours 6 years ago. my neighbor bought a new orange machine at the same time and it has been nothing but problems for him. all i have done on the buck is to replace filters, a couple of hoses, pto clutch and had the lift arms and lower lift arm shaft rebuilt. i mow 2 acres every week with a 60" finishing mower. i use the brush hog on a steep slope of grass, box blade on 1/2 mile of gravel drive and made a bucket extension to lift plywood to the roof when i built my 2 story house.
it looks like crap now but who cares, it would cost a fortune to replace.
it is set-up with 100lb rear wheel weights, front loader, ag tires and a pillow for the lap dog. when the grandkids come over they clamor for rides. the 2 older ones are even learning to operate it. great way to teach about clutch work.

on the overheating thing, all i did to fix was to remove the front grill and blow out the radiator fins. no overheating since.

you can take my guns from me but not my Buck.

JG

/ Satoh Buck S470 New Owner #16  
I found the 5-12 R1 Ag tires on ebay with free shipping $155.00 for the pair. hope this helps

/ Satoh Buck S470 New Owner #17  
looking for front rims for a 1978 or 79 buck it a 3 lugs rim would appreciate any help at all thanks Richard

Last edited:
   / Satoh Buck S470 New Owner #18  
I've got a Satoh Buck S470, 4-WD that was bought new, only has about 150 original hours on it, kept in shed - great condition. I'm trying to figure out what it's worth and can't find any good resources. I know they were made between 79-84, but I don't know what year this one is. Any thoughts are welcomed. BTW, just found websites that refer to a S470, S470D and S470D 4WD. Anyone know what the difference is between the S470 and S470D?

Last edited: