Satoh Buck S470 New Owner

/ Satoh Buck S470 New Owner #1  

evan price

Silver Member
Tractor
Satoh S470 Buck
I just acquired a Satoh Buck S470 tractor. K3B diesel, etc. It appears this is a US market tractor because all the decals are in Engrish and it has a PTO shield and the PTO has a one-way clutch built into it.

Any way to find out more about this model? Manuals on CD-Rom?

/ Satoh Buck S470 New Owner #3  
I just acquired a Satoh Buck S470 tractor. K3B diesel, etc. It appears this is a US market tractor because all the decals are in Engrish and it has a PTO shield and the PTO has a one-way clutch built into it.

Any way to find out more about this model? Manuals on CD-Rom?

Hello new owner----I have a S-470 Buck also.---I got my manual through Valley Power. What implements did you get with your Buck. I have several I bought to use with mine.
I have seen many talk down the Buck Satoh and how bad it is. I have had mine for going on 4-5 years. I have no problems with mine since I bought it. Watch the water and temperature gauge. Mine has turf tires.
I use my tractor for garden and light landscaping. Make sure to get some type of counter weight for the front--you will need it.---To stop it from raising up in the front on take-off--- just lower the throttle--they are a small tractor.

I LOVE MINE TO DEATH.

/ Satoh Buck S470 New Owner
@ Arkie Jim:

I've got a Woods RM48 finish mower, a Woods RB5 back blade and a cultivator. A previous owner added a 40# or so steel counterweight on the nose. Ag tires on the rear. So far with the implements I have the weight is enough to not cause the nose to lift up. I had a Yanmar YM1700 briefly with a 6' mower that would lift the front right off the ground so I know how important weight can be!

I replaced a few of the pins and clevis rods and got a new top link from TSC because the previous owner was trying to run some kind of mishmash of Cat 0 and Cat 1 parts on the three point so I got everything all Cat 1 now.

Fuel bowl (I thought) was clouded over and no longer transparent... until I unscrewed it and found it was packed full of dirt! Luckily the Fuel and Oil filters are a common type that was in stock by Purolator at my local Advance Auto Parts. Gave it a good greasing, changed the oil with 15W40 Shell Rotella T, flushed fuel system, new fuel filter and blew out the air filter. She runs like a top with 752 original hours as of today.

Cut two acres with it today, graded half a mile of gravel driveway last week. I'm quite satisfied with my Buck. Got a grand total so far of about $2000 invested in everything which for the market today seems quite a good price.

/ Satoh Buck S470 New Owner #5  
I have one that my Dad bought new. It has been beat to pieces, rolled three separate times. I have owned it for over ten years now and ran it a good bit before that. I can tell you this is a very good tractor. Mine is 4wd. It only needs to be glow plugged when the weather is cold. Starts fast. I have replaced a few seals here and there and had the water pump and starter rebuilt. Alternator and seat replaced. These are normal wear and tear things. Don't know why anyone would bad mouth the Buck.

/ Satoh Buck S470 New Owner #6  
I have one that my Dad bought new. It has been beat to pieces, rolled three separate times. I have owned it for over ten years now and ran it a good bit before that. I can tell you this is a very good tractor. Mine is 4wd. It only needs to be glow plugged when the weather is cold. Starts fast. I have replaced a few seals here and there and had the water pump and starter rebuilt. Alternator and seat replaced. These are normal wear and tear things. Don't know why anyone would bad mouth the Buck.

Does anyone put front buckets on these tractors.? Too small.?

/ Satoh Buck S470 New Owner #7  
There is a company in Washington who makes loaders, and specializes in imported compact tractors. Here is their website. They are $1800 and have advertised bulk shipments to various locations for discounted shipping costs.

Koyker makes top-quality loaders but may not offer factory brackets to fit your machine; any decent welding or fabrication shop would be able to build them for you.

The Buck is a little more powerful and heavier than my Yanmar 1401D. I have a loader on it, and it's a really handy and useful size. It won't do anything near the work of a skidsteer with the same size bucket, or lift as much, but it beats a shovel and wheelbarrow all to pieces. If you're planning to do much dirt digging, I would suggest getting the narrowest bucket that clears the tires. A 42 or 44 inch bucket would be better than a 48 inch, for instance.

/ Satoh Buck S470 New Owner #8  
this is my little buck it seems to bog down when i use the front loader but not the rear lift? any help? thank you! 5K25J25M23L93I83Mec4b8f39b2e4efa01584.jpg

5I95Lb5M13Gb3F13J1c4ba51fda2a2c3e1928.jpg

5Nd5V15J83Fd3N63o1c4b3ebd59b33f6d1256.jpg

/ Satoh Buck S470 New Owner #9  
Evan,

I have had my 4wd Buck for almost four years now. I was hesitant to buy it at first as it was not orange or green. But, I have been very pleased with it. Last summer I located a Koyker 110 FEL for it. Then with the help of Valley Power with a hydraulic plate and some welding by some good friends the bucket is up and running. The company out west that sells one seem to be good folks, however their FEL only has one tilt cylinder while the Koyker has two.

As to the other post about the FEL running slow I would check to see if the Tranny is stoked with tranny fluid or hydraulic fluid. My guess would be it is tranny and if you changed out to hydraulic the FEL would operate markedly better.

Rowdy Raven

/ Satoh Buck S470 New Owner #10  
@ Arkie Jim:

I've got a Woods RM48 finish mower, a Woods RB5 back blade and a cultivator. A previous owner added a 40# or so steel counterweight on the nose. Ag tires on the rear. So far with the implements I have the weight is enough to not cause the nose to lift up. I had a Yanmar YM1700 briefly with a 6' mower that would lift the front right off the ground so I know how important weight can be!

I replaced a few of the pins and clevis rods and got a new top link from TSC because the previous owner was trying to run some kind of mishmash of Cat 0 and Cat 1 parts on the three point so I got everything all Cat 1 now.

Fuel bowl (I thought) was clouded over and no longer transparent... until I unscrewed it and found it was packed full of dirt! Luckily the Fuel and Oil filters are a common type that was in stock by Purolator at my local Advance Auto Parts. Gave it a good greasing, changed the oil with 15W40 Shell Rotella T, flushed fuel system, new fuel filter and blew out the air filter. She runs like a top with 752 original hours as of today.

Cut two acres with it today, graded half a mile of gravel driveway last week. I'm quite satisfied with my Buck. Got a grand total so far of about $2000 invested in everything which for the market today seems quite a good price.

So I have a dumb question.. are these CAT 0 or CAT 1..? I know nothing really.. lol