470D control valve: open or closed center?

/ 470D control valve: open or closed center? #1  

riprap1951

Hello All:
When it comes to hydraulics I'm dumber than a bag of hammers. Sorry.
I've got an old Satoh Buck that's got the 'drooping bucket' syndrome real bad, & I'm thinking of just ordering a new control valve on line....
I've got an original repair manual, but nowhere in that paperwork can I find whether the control valve is "open center" or "closed center".
Can someone help me out?
Thanks for your time & attention to detail!
Terry

/ 470D control valve: open or closed center? #2  
Hydrolic Value

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a Jinma 284 with a Spirit SL-20 Loader. The tractor was purchased in 2005. It has 2 Control Levers and the Value Box pushed out from the inside cracked when the loader was removed from the tractor.

I want to replace it with a Single Joy Stick. I talked with the Surplus Center.

They asked me some questions, I can't answer.

1. Can someone tell me the GPM?

2. Is it Open Center or Closed Center?

3. If it is closed center does it have load sense?

4. What type of pump (Gear Pump)?

This is the valve I am going to order if it will work. Will I need anything else.

Surplus Center

2 SPOOL COMPACT 10 GPM JOYSTICK CONTROL VALVE

Item# 9-7401

2 SPOOL JOYSTICK LOADER CONTROL VALVE

Brand new. BRAND Model LV22RFSTKAB. Compact two spool joystick valve for operating double acting cylinders. Ideal for use on front end loaders on small to medium sized tractors, lift trucks, and other mobile equipment requiring a compact valve. The two spools can be operated independently or simultaneously depending on handle movement. First spool has regenerative feature for rapid extension of cylinder and second spool has float to allow free movement of cylinder. Open center. Optional conversion sleeve for power beyond or plug for closed center operation sold separately. Spring centering spool action with detented fourth position for float or regenerative spools.

SPECIFICATIONS
10 GPM
3000 PSI
Adjustable relief 800-3000 PSI set at 2000
Open Center Double acting
In/Out Ports SAE 8
Work Ports SAE 8
Size 5-1/2" x 2-3/8" x 17-7/8"
Shpg. 14 lbs.

dontn
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dontn
Find More Posts by dontn
Add dontn to Your Contacts
View dontn's Videos

04-09-2011, 08:05 AM #2 (permalink)
kennyd
Super Star Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your tractor is OC (open center). The 9-7401 valve will work perfectly.
FEL, 60" MMM, Ballast Box, I-Match, #380 Snow Plow, FEL Forks, Goossen 3PH Chipper/Shredder, Markham LD-48 Grapple, Trac-Vac 854 and much more "stuff"

JD 4x2 Turf Gator

Some of my projects/adventures are posted in my Picassa Web album.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE