MT2201D hydraulic screen

/ MT2201D hydraulic screen #1  

wayneL

Tractor
MitsubishiMT2201D
Could anyone tell me if the MT2201D has a screen for the hydraulics and where it is located I found the filter but was wondering if it has a screen somewhere also I don,t have a manual yet and this is my first tractor. Thanks Wayne

/ MT2201D hydraulic screen
I checked my tractor but couldn,t find anything that looks like that on mine, I have lost all hydraulics while I was tilling the other day. I lost them 3 different times while tilling on the loader and the tiller the last time they didn,t come back. I had a fella tell me it could be a plugged screen somewhere in the hydraulics so trying to find where it might be. Iam ure greatfull for anyones help. I don,t know much about tractors but this site looks like a real good place to learn. Thanks for taking the time to try to help, Wayne

/ MT2201D hydraulic screen #4  
Wayne, try Valley Power Products in Roanoke, Va. They are VERY knowledgeable and helpful. But not open weekends. I have an mt2501d and they have babysat me through many problems and provided parts. Good folks. 1-800-609-5110. The 'Satoh Parts' mentioned above is them.

Last edited:
Bill thanks I,ll call them Monday.

/ MT2201D hydraulic screen #6  
Wayne, Just looked at the parts manual that I bought from VPP and it covers your MT2201D and my MT2501D. I purchased it so that I would not only know what the insides of my tractor looked like but when I called the parts folks, I would be able to talk about the same 'apples and oranges'. It gives a great break-down of all pieces of the tractor with fairly good drawings and parts names and numbers. Do you have a loader? If so, what brand? There is a place in Hillsboro, Oregon called 'Small Import Tractor Supply' that has a website and can help with your tractor stuff, too. Have you found the tractor junk yard called 'West Kentucky Tractor Parts'? Always more to learn.....

Thanks Bill I did get my hydraulics back 4 different times today it seems like I have to rev the throttle for quite some time to get them to work after shuting the tractor down and starting it again there seems to be no hydraulics til I rev the throttle again everything works fine when the tractor is left running I wonder if my pump could be getting bad. Yes I do have a loader on the tractor, doing everything by trial and error so I guess it will take a little time and really don,t know if I got enough time just turned 61 a few days ago.:laughing: I will order a manual Monday if you come up with any ideas send them my way I can use all the advise I can get. Wayne

/ MT2201D hydraulic screen #8  
if there is a plate there with 4 bolts that may be where its at. check your hydralic fluid level. the pump coupling. the control levers being stuck in the wrong position. dont use the 3 point hydraulics lever and the front end at the same time. good luck finding the problem.

Bill forgot to answer you on my loader, the loader is a Allied Mod 195. I did have my hydraulics on the tractor this morning but same deal I had to rev the throttle for quite some time before everything started working, I worked about 30min. with the loader and it seemed OK. I shut everything down and waited about 30min. and tried it again same deal nothing til I rev the throttle for quite a while and then the hydraulics are fine. Mit still can,t find anything like that on my tractor but right in the front under the seat is a plate will 3 bolts that looks like it could be something, I should have a manual in a few days don,t know if I can wait that long before tearing something apart, but Iam going to try.:laughing::laughing: Thanks Guys

/ MT2201D hydraulic screen #10  
where does the hydraulic line starts from your resorvour? the metal line from the case to the pump?it is coupled to the case with a banjo bolt the filter screen should be opposite that. the 3 bolt under the seat may be the high pressure bypass valve.