Backhoe Woods 6500 3 Pt Hitch Backhoe Attachment

/ Woods 6500 3 Pt Hitch Backhoe Attachment #1  

crazyyankee

Tractor
Mitsubishi D1650FD
Looking at a 6500 Woods 3 Pt Hitch self-contained backhoe attachment.
Operates off PTO of tractor, has it's own hydraulic oil tank and pump.

Can anyone tell me if I need sub-frame brackets or can I just hook up to the 3 Pt Hitch arms?

/ Woods 6500 3 Pt Hitch Backhoe Attachment #2  
You'll need to do some research (Woods Equipment would be a good start) to see if it's compatible with your Mitsubishi D1650FD.

Been an awful lot of CUTs broken by 3PH backhoes...

/ Woods 6500 3 Pt Hitch Backhoe Attachment #3  
Subframe bkts are the strongest option.3 pt Hitch hookup is a weaker point of attachment

/ Woods 6500 3 Pt Hitch Backhoe Attachment
My tractor is a D1650FD, looked at Woods web site but no info available on 6500 backhoe attachment.

Will need to check with seller to see if he has any sub frame brackets.

I thought the outrigers would bear the pressure when digging.

/ Woods 6500 3 Pt Hitch Backhoe Attachment #5  
I have the Woods BH7500 and have the frame mount when I bought it and did not use due to it did not fit my Bobcat and don't want to weld some brackets under the tractor to make it fit. I did bought a new frame mount for it to fit my tractor. I also removed the tank and just run it on my rear remote. Did not used the pto pump that came with it also. Much easier to connect and disconnect. I believed the frame mount came with the TC model just not sure which one. If you need a frame mount this might work for you. I can send you the model number and maybe you can use it. Just let me know.

/ Woods 6500 3 Pt Hitch Backhoe Attachment #6  
I thought the outrigers would bear the pressure when digging.

Those outriggers stabilize the tractor, but it's not just the weight you need to be concerned with. When you dig, it's going to tend to lift and twist your machine. That puts a lot of stress on the tractor which can result in cracking and worse. A subframe distributes the stresses.
Might be worth a call to Woods to determine if a subframe is available...before you break your tractor.