PTO rotation Beaver

/ PTO rotation Beaver #1  

msjanket

Silver Member
I saw a Beaver a few days ago, had the CW PTO rotation. Looking at another Beaver with a FEL this week. Would you expect CW rotation from all Beavear III's?

Is changing a throwout bearing a nightmare job, other than splitting the tractor? I've split Cat D-2's, this should be a walk in the park.

The Beavers appear to garner good comments from those that really KNOW the unit. The Beaver seems to be a very, very sound unit and it appears like I've secured a really nice price on the unit with the FEL. There was some name calling during negotiations, ugly looks, the spit was flyin' there for a while. It was gettin' tense but my wife calmed down and let me make the deal.

/ PTO rotation Beaver #2  
My understanding is the S370 Beavers are 2 cylinder models, and have counterclockwise rotation PTO shafts. The S373 Beavers are 3 cylinders, and, so far as I know, all have PTO shafts that run clockwise.

I would expect that any Beaver III would have a clockwise rotating PTO shaft, but, given what I've heard about people creating franken-tractors out of oddball parts, and having been burned after an inadequate pre-purchase inspection, I would make sure to check and test the PTO anyway.

If you can split a crawler tractor you can do one of these little rice paddy tractors.

/ PTO rotation Beaver #3  
Copied and pasted from an earlier post, will fit your Beaver III:

I bought a new pilot bearing, part #6002-2NSE. The brand is NACHi. The release bearing is#T01710 by Federated bearing. Together they cost right at $100.00. You might be able to cross these numbers over or take your old bearings with you and get something cheaper. Good luck.