370 overall performance

/ 370 overall performance #1  

msjanket

Silver Member
I have not yet looked at a 370, either 2 or 4WD, do they compete in power with the Beaver 3? I know the 3 has 16.5HP and the 370 around 15HP but different engines throw different amounts of torque. Has the 370 been a real solid performer and has it stayed together or been a maintenance misanthrope? thanks

/ 370 overall performance #2  
From many posts here, the only thing negative that I could see was that SOME of them have the CCW pto. Maybe not all.

/ 370 overall performance #3  
Satoh Beaver is an awsome tractor. I have a Beaver but have the engine disassembled due to an over heating issue due to being loaned out.

Anyway, I have disassembled the engine, transmission etc. These little tractors are built like tanks. Any problem I have had is a result of a sticking clutch or being overheated due to a leaking water pump. Both of these problems were due to operator error (1 mine an the other being loaned) I used mine to mow heavy grass (5 acres) for about 10 years. I bought it from the original owner who had purchased it new. When I disassembled the engine, there was practically no cylinder or crank wear.

I think these little engines were rated at 15 HP but the torque is awsome. I do not think I ever once stalled my tractor.