Hydraulic Filling capacity 650G

/ Hydraulic Filling capacity 650G #1  

sruman

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910
I was wondering if anyone knows the hydraulic oil capacity in a 650G?
Also, there is a fluid cap under the rear of the seat, and right in front of the gear shift lever. Which one if for the Hydraulic fluid?

/ Hydraulic Filling capacity 650G
I have read through this, but I'm confused with the hydraulic filling procedures.........I also searched and read about NOT using hydraulic fluid for the rear gears, but rather gear oil.

I seems that the rear gear oil should be used in the RED cap filling location directly under the seat, and the hydraulic fluid should be used in the WHITE cap near the front shift lever for the transmission (basically under the dash, between you feet.

The original owner told me to use hydraulic fluid in both, but after reading several posts, I'm not so sure that is the best practice. I don't want to ruin anything, so I'm looking for clarification.

/ Hydraulic Filling capacity 650G #4  
To fill the hydraulics simply pour JD 303 hyd oil in the cap under the seat (this cap should have a dip stick attached) checking the level on the dip stick as you go. Run the tractor and turn your steering (if power) or operate other hyraulic valves to work out any air. Stop and check level and repeat if necessary.
Factory recommends 80w-90 gear oil in the tranny/diff which goes in the cap by the gear shift lever.

/ Hydraulic Filling capacity 650G
The previous owner used "universal hydraulic oil/transmission oil" in the gear case. Should I drain and put in the proper gear oil, or is this okay?

My hydraulic oil cap does NOT have a dip stick? any other way to measure how much (or how little) to fill to?

Thoughts?

/ Hydraulic Filling capacity 650G #6  
Full measures about 1 7/8" below the top of the hydraulic fill hole.
I would always use the recommended fluids. The bearings, metals, and seals are all specifically designed with those fluids in mind.

/ Hydraulic Filling capacity 650G #7  
My hydraulic oil cap does NOT have a dip stick? any other way to measure how much (or how little) to fill to?

Thoughts?

MIne doesnt have a dip stick either. but if you look on the side of the tank (under the seat & beside the battery ) you should see a site glass (it maybe covered with dirt) hope this helps

/ Hydraulic Filling capacity 650G #8  

Thoughts?

MIne doesnt have a dip stick either. but if you look on the side of the tank (under the seat & beside the battery ) you should see a site glass (it maybe covered with dirt) hope this helps